Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job spool font

pm_consultants
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Good day.

I have scheduled a background job to run a report which creates a spool and sends it to the recipients as a PDF attachment. Everything looks fine except the font in the PDF attachment. It is too small to read. Is there any control anywhere to adjust the font of the spool that is being sent to the recipients? Please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Tomasz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tomasz,

I assume the spool output of the job is an ABAP list.

When ABAP lists are converted to PDF, the so-called spooler format of the spool request controls the font size (actual it controls lines per page/columns per line and these values are used by PDF converter to control font size).

Standard spooler formats for lists are e.g. X_65_80, X_65_132, X_58_170.

You can test Spoollist->PDF conversion using report RSTXPDFT4.

Check note 1369740.

Regards,

Alex

2 REPLIES 2

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tomasz,

I assume the spool output of the job is an ABAP list.

When ABAP lists are converted to PDF, the so-called spooler format of the spool request controls the font size (actual it controls lines per page/columns per line and these values are used by PDF converter to control font size).

Standard spooler formats for lists are e.g. X_65_80, X_65_132, X_58_170.

You can test Spoollist->PDF conversion using report RSTXPDFT4.

Check note 1369740.

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos

Hello Alendar,

Good day.

Currently, the job send spools as PDF to recipient. I believe this functionality is set up in SCOT? We do not have ABAP programs involved in converting spool to PDF. However, the format type used has so many columns (Z_65_1023) thus the converted PDF has small font. How can we increase this font? Do i have to create a new format type? or i should ask ABAPer about this?

Also how does this format type selected? Can it be set to default? or thus the behavior is something like this? It selects the format type which will display all the columns? Please help...

Thank you very much!

Regards,

TomasZ