cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum RAM required for DEV and Test systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are a product based company and we have our own custom Add-on developed for SAP to connect with our Product using RFC/BAPI calls.

We are planning to get HANA environment for our development and testing Add-on. This is not for Production use and we don't have any concern on Performance.

So what is the minimum required Hardware and RAM size for our DEV system?

For non-production do we need Hardware purchased from Certified Hardware Partner? Please guide us with the Hardware and RAM size details.

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Do you have access to SAP Quick Sizing Tool?

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

I have access to quick sizing tool, but i am not familiar with that tool. can you please guide me on this?

Do we need special hardware requirement for Development system which is only used for Add-on development and packaging?

Thanks,

GK

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is Redhat Linux Enterprise for HANA and Redhat linux Enterprise server v6.5 are same?

can we install HANA on RHEL v6.5?

anybody please clarify my doubt.

Thanks,

GK

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

it is the same base, but it includes special settings unique to SAP HANA.

Official statement in pdf on Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA | Red Hat :

"Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA delivers the same capabilities and features that over

90%of Fortune 500 companies benefit from with Red Hat Enterprise Linux The result of a

collaborative engineering relationship between SAP and Red Hat, Red Hat Enterprise Linux for

SAP HANA includes technology optimized to meet additional requirements unique to SAP HANA, making it simple to deploy."

Regards,

Jens