cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
  I have installed nwds 7.31 and i created projects from nwdi in that.

When i open my nwds path \nwds-extsoa-...\eclipse\workspace.jdi path, i can see folders .dtr, 0 , 1 , local developement.

But i dont see any .dtc folder. I searched in C:/Users/ also but didnt find .dtc

In folder 1, i can see my DCs and SCs.

My doubt is in 7.31 .dtc is replaced as 1 ? or else how to get .dtc folder ?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The 0, 1, ... folders: those are the folders for the development configurations.

Example:

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,
   Thanks for the helpful answer.

Suppose i want to copy the DCs in 7 in to new machine workspace with out connecting to NWDI.
Then which are all the folders to copy to machine ? and what are all the things to take care ?

Regards,
Alex

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

you are welcome!

I am not sure it'd properly work. There are other files and folders that have to be in sync with those devconfig folders. What I still don't understand, why don't you just fire up your NWDS on the target client machine and simply import the corresponding development configs to your NWDS ?

NWDS is only a client, the party goes on the server.

Without connecting to NWDI it all makes no sense even if you would find a brute force way copying devconfig folders from A to B. You could acually even delete your entire NWDS installation from the original client machine (considering you have no checked out activities) and still nothing would get lost because everything is on the server (the archives are in CBS and the sources in DTR). Once deleting your local NWDS workspace you could reimport the given development config in a minute and then you'd be there were you were before the deletion. But consequently you can do this on any other client machine, even if it is on the other side of the world (having proper connection to the server (NWDI)).

Cheers,

Ervin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

As per my understadning it is not replaced and .dtc folder exists but not sure about path.

That needs to looked into machine.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

I didnt see any folders named .dtc in system. Is it changed in new versions ?

Regards,

Alex