cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F.13 differences due to exchange rate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, we have an issue with our "drop ship" postings that cannot clear in F.13.   I think I know the answer but wanted to make sure before I send to my business partner.

Here is the situation:

Customer orders a product which we do not make or inventory.   The sales order creates a PO to our vendor.   Our vendor ships direct to customer and invoices us.  We do a GR and IR.  Then we do a PGI and AR.

When we do the GR it posts to a "shipped not billed" account.   When the AR is done, the off-set to that SNB account is done.   These should match and clear via F.13

The issue is, my plant is GBP.   My vendor is SGD.   My customer is EUR.

The rate from SGD to GBP is 0.48299

The rate from EUR to GBP is 0.78125

Purchase order GR                    26,092.00 SGD               17,432.08 GBP

Sales order AR                           13,181.63 EUR               16,872.51 GBP

"FX Difference"                                                                        559.57 GBP

Business thinks the two should match.  My logic is, since these are two separate documents and two separate currency translations, there is no way to make them match.

Does any one have any ideas?  Or, just confirm my thought??

Many thanks,

Cheryl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.  This was helpful but still doesn't address the issue.  F.13 selects the two items (sorry my conversion math was off little) and tries to clear but the difference is too large.

The difference is too large because the PO is converting from SGD to GBP and the SO is converting from EUR to GBP.

When these conversions occur, the amounts in GBP do not match causing a difference to large error.

I believe this is because we are comparing a PO posting to a SO posting.  They are converted separately with different currencies to GBP.  

My belief is that they will never match because A)  they are completely different documents not tied together and B) the currency translation to GBP is from different currencies (SGD versus EUR).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cheryl,

You are trying to match completely different document (PO and SO) with different currencies and a vendor who is not a customer. This pose enormous challenge to you.

F.13 clearing takes place for the line items when the balance for the customer invoice and payment; and vendor invoice and payment is zero if they logically belongs to a group through criteria. In your case currency key BSID-WAERS for customers (AccTy: D) or BSIK-WAERS for vendors (AccTy: K) in your OB74, will be considered as additional fixed criteria grouped for the line items selected. They are as important as the default criteria such as ZUONR, and need to have a zero balance.

In short, the program clears only if all the items have the same criteria and the balance is zero. If the balance is not zero, then you can set the tolerances (OBA3/4) as big as you want and assign that tolerance groups to the accounts. You may also set maximum exchange rate difference per company code. If your criteria is matching and set the right tolerance limit, you may rather use F13E since your clearing currencies are different.

Also please look at this option of using F-28 / F-53 for customer / vendor payment Check FBL1N and FBL5N, and use F-32 / F-44 for customer / vendor manual clearing. You may still need to set the tolerance limit.

Also look at the SAP portal for: Clearing Open Items in Foreign Currency - Clearing - SAP Library.

Regards,

Unnivel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Unnivel - you have confirmed my thought.   Business will have to clear these manually.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl,

Sale order value is not matching for the currency GBP. As per exchange rate you have mentioned above the GBP should be 10298.15. But it is 16,872.51. So check the exchange rate for the currency EUR/GBP.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe your idea correct.. since there are different currency involved , there will be exchange rate difference..

regards

mahmoud el nady