cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking user info used in configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

Most of us came across a scenario where we want to know where all this USER id is used as it keep on locking and no one knows end-end flow or documentation where all it was configured in  handy.

Is there any program or any process to know a user where all it was used like it was in any SAOMANAGER/SPRO config /RFC or any other place ...

Thanks

Subhash.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Did you get a chance to test this approach?

Please share if you have any other ideas/thoughts on this discussion.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

The other work around I see is to activate Audit log for the user from SM19 with required selection( I select all options)

Check the results in SM20 to find terminal from which the RFC logon is happening.

This would allow you to check the source from which the logins are happening and you can update the the RFC connections accordingly to avoid this error in future.

Try this and let me know if you could resolve your issue using this process.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

I was working on the same thing from my end as well.

As per my knowledge there is no standard report provided by SAP to achieve this.

We have asked our Development team for a report that could provide the RFC connections, Jobs and the current user status (locked or unlocked) in the system the report is run.

This report is helping us in two ways:

• check if there are job running with this dialog users and change the job to run with system users. 
  • Provide the RFC connections in which this user is being used, this would help us determine any RFC connections in this system would get affected if the user is locked in the connected systems.

I know that this is not what exactly you are looking for, but if you have any further ideas to improve or develop such ideas please do share them with the forum.

I will let you know if I could make any further progress on this.

Thanks,

Pradeep