SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueprint on Integration of POS system directly with SAP Retail system for Billing document and Article

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can someone provide me Blueprint workshop details on integration of a POS system directly with SAP ECC Retail system for generation of Billing docs and Article docs. This phase is meant to implement the connectivity between POS and ECC for billing document generation purposes in ECC.

What details are required to be captured in such a scenario. Business has it's own database storing the transaction records which needs to be sent to ECC directly.

A response will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Naina

2 REPLIES 2

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naina,

Please be mindful that blueprint documents are confidential and cannot be shared on this forum.

The integration process should work as below:

The POS application should create the sales files (might be in text and tab delimited) and put the same in specific FTP folder or system folder which SAP can access.

You will need an ABAP program to read these POS sales files and create the WPUUMS IDoc and WPUTAB IDoc for the sales and collection respectively.

Schedule RWPOS_PARA program in background to process these IDocs to create the article document and billing documents for these IDocs.

I think in one of the thread created by you, I have given the technical details to create inbound IDoc.

I hope this will guide to start with.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Sure Amit, good piece of information to start. Many thanks.

Thanks,

Naina