cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uniqueness of SID during HANA system restore

former_member314792
Participant
0 Kudos

I am migrating from an existing HANA server to a completely new server, after which the existing (old) server will be removed.  I'm using the backup/restore method.

My question concerns the System ID (SID) on the new server.  Because of established procedures, I'd like this to be the same as on the existing server, but the migration guide states that the SID must be unique.   Both the existing and the new server are single-database and single-system.  I can arrange the data movement so that the two systems are not active or online simultaneously.

What are the implications of using the same SID for the old and the new system?

Thanks,

Donn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donn,

We have had a situation to test a backup recovery from SID- ABC(TIER1 of the System Replication) to the SID- ABC(TIER2 of the System Replication) and it works well

In this case we have the same SID on source and destination and there is nothing that HANA complains about while doing this

So from a backup recovery stand point the source and destination SID does not really cause any issue

Just make sure you have the same set of .ini parameters between the source and destination such as Global Allocation limit, Master/Slave nodes(if distributed landscape etc..)

former_member314792
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Sunil!

Answers (0)