cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing SFP ADOBE generated pdf from spool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to print ADOBE PDF file to HP Designjet Z5400 plotter.  It successfully writes a pdf file to the spool.  When I either release that spool file to print or have the print job set to print immediately I get a spool error - unable to read format G_RAW l_rc =128.  However I can print the pdf from preview.  It is NOT an issue with the printer printing the pdf file as I can do this.  My issue is that I cannot print directly to the printer via the SAP spooler.  I have entered incident to SAP with specific example of my program that produces the pdf spool file.  I am directed to read notes that imply I have ADS problem which is ridiculous as I have plenty of SFP generated pdf files printing to HP and Canon laser printers.  Again i am trying to print a very large label 2 X2 foot to HP Designjet Z5400 plotter directly via spool.  My task is to direct label to different printers based upon MATNR field.

I would appreciate response from only people who have printed SPF ADOBE pdf to plotters.

The pdf that was created file size 5.7 KB.

SPAD settings

Device Type  HPGL HPGL  : Bus.Graphics:  HP/GL plotter Device Class Standard printer
Model        HP Designjet Z5400

Host Spool Access Method  G G: Frontend print with control technologie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

new component SAPPDFPRINT, interactive forms can be printed on any Windows printer just like all of the other spool requests with the SAPWIN device types.

Refer to SAP notes:

1444342 - Device type-independent printing of ADS forms

968394 - Forms Printing from spool and from Preview PDF differ

1630403 - Mass printing of Adobe documents

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 3rd note was the most helpful.

I am closing this because I added POST2 to device type of SPAD entry and this solved the problem completey.

Answers (0)