Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAC ACTIVE-ACTIVE MODE

former_member201820
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

We have some questions related to our production environment , we have 3 NODE 4 Oracle application equipment .

Our intention is to leave it as ACTIVE - ACTIVE , however , made ​​several attempts and all without success.

We searched some SAP notes about it and they always speak in ACTIVE - PASSIVE .

We would like to know if it is possible to mount an ACTIVE - ACTIVE environment? Which method should I use?

operating system: AIX

Release: Oracle 11.2.0.4.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201820
Participant
0 Kudos

hello gurus,

Are in this fix configuration and ativição this solution for three consultancies

are in this activity ... basis, IBM and DBA, they claim it works just as active-passive.

Who should make this setting, and how the other teams should act?

Br,

Tobias Tolfo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DBA should make this settings.

Br,

Koushal Solanki

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned serveral times RAC is ACTIVE-ACTIVE, not ACTIVE-PASIVE.
If you install RAC properly (in more than one node, following the proper documentation...) it will be installed as ACTIVE - ACTIVE. No "special" configuration outside of the documented on the SAP-RAC installation guides.

If your DBA-IBM-Basis claim that ORACLE REAL APPLICATION SERVER is Active-Pasive I recommend you to look for someone else who knows what Oracle RAC is

former_member201820
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vales,

Please, you can send me documentation talking about this solution?

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP-Oracle documentation is in this community network.

http://scn.sap.com/community/oracle

on the left you can find the SAP on Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) link to some documents ("freely" available)

you should also read the Oracle documentation (that your DBAs seem not to have done if they claim it is an ACTIVE-PASIVE cluster) docs.oracle.com

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In RAC environment all nodes are in active mode only.

RAC uses cache fusion Technic to sync data among all nodes.

To make Database Instance active-active, while doing RAC installation you need to select all nodes of cluster so that your database will be in active-active state.

I hope this will answer your query.

Br,

Koushal Solanki

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to say that I do not understand your question.

By definition ORACLE REAL APPLICATION SERVER is an ACTIVE-ACTIVE cluster (all 3 Oracle Nodes are active)

or are you talking about other thing?