Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create /associate update rule in Signature field

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using Signature functionality in my application. .My requirement is to attach the Service Order number or Time Stamp along with the signature field.

In the screen I can see both these option to select the check box but I have a query:

1. Time and Date: If I select this check box , will it append the current date time stamp with the signature?

2. If I select the check box for update rule , where do i create /attach the update rule? All I see is a box to pick the global .

Please advice how to achieve them.

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Neha,

1.  Yes, if you check that box the data and time will be overlayed on the signature bitmap.

2. When you check that box you are looking at the transaction property.  The update rule will be the one associated with the screen field that is mapped to this transaction property.  The rule will be evaluated when the signature is captured and also overlayed on the signature bitmap.

--Bill

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I have done both the setting to pass the date and time and also associated an update rule in the screen. Still I could not get the date and time stamp or the updated rule value associated with the signature image.

Please advise If I am doing anything in an incorrect way.

Thanks

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version and type of client are you using?

I know there was a issue for a while where the WPF Client was cutting the Signature block short on the right side, cutting off part of the signature and the timestamp.

Also, if I remember correctly the timestamp is added to the image after they sign and not during.  So are you checking at the time of sign or after it was sent to the backend?

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I have tested this with both Agentry_7.0.3.711_ClientDotNET.exe and Agentry_70.6.0_ClientDotNET.exe

Also I am checking the image after it gets saved in the SAP backend but I cannot see any time stamp or any field appended , its just the signature in a image format.

If you have any example where this have been build please share .

Thanks

Neha

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neha,

There is an open request (AGS-1295) wherein the time stamp functionality is not built on the WPF client while the Win32 or WinCE has it. So with you stating that you are using the WPF, you are subject to this issue.

Currently the update on that issue is that it is still with Engineering and the WPF does not have it yet.

This may be a feature request hence it is not there yet as the WPF is a different client than the Win32 or WinCE. I do not see any dates on this yet. If ever you will be dealing with SAP you need to reference the # above.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for this information, I really appreciate this, I have been struggling to debug why the rule is not making any change in the signature. Thanks again

Regards

Neha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue on WPF client 70.7.1

Any updates on when this feature will be integrated?

Kind regards,

Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Judith,

I would suggest opening a ticket with Development to see if you can get a time frame, but also, shows that more customers are looking for this change so it gets put higher on the priority list.