Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Sequence Id

former_member201804
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained the access sequence 15 in text determination scenario which was unused. But now my senior says Access Sequence has to be maintained after 9000 only as before to it the access sequences are reserved for SAP and if the SAP goes for upgrades, less than 9000 will be erased and I strongly feel so good to be true.

Because I only know is in the case of tables where we should maintain between 500 to 999 but never heard of it or could not find any data about it.

Can any one shed some light on it please?

Thanks,

Alex.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

It holds true for tables but it is not for Access Sequence.

Access Sequence with alphabets and number's are not restricted/ nor limited  by SAP .

Regards,

SRK

former_member201804
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks SR Kumar.

is there any one else  who is with me and SR Kumar?

former_member201804
Participant
0 Kudos

Can I expect any Guru's or very experienced person to comment on it please?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the SAP help to access sequences has the answer, no expert needed, except you call already persons who are able to find the help experts.

just go into your SAP IMG --> Sales & Distribution --> Basic Function --> Pricing Control --> Access Sequence

you can find a docu icon right in front of the execution clock

click it and read the first bullet point

former_member201804
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thank you for the guidance, but as you can see I have mentioned the scenario is TEXT.

and as you suggested I clicked at Text Access Sequence note and found without mention of what kind of Access Sequence Id should be right though it is clearly mentioned about pricing is that it should have a prefix of Z.

-Alex.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even SAP employees are just humans and many, and they are not really much more consistent than the people in your or my company.

former_member201804
Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure what to reply and what to elicit from this comment. If the Diamonds like you comment of this sort, you can imagine the plight of overridden juniors like me, who is been misguided by the wrong information ( may be right even) but how to ascertain. I go by the books not by my gut feelings in SAP.

.....Just Thinking

-Alex.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is just meant that you may not find the information about customer name space in any documentation because the docu is made by people and not assembled by machines. If always all aspects would be covered then each help file  would be endless and even less read than currently.

there is even a central document in help.sap.com Namespaces

former_member201804
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen,

This has answered my question and happy to say I have learned something new today.

Have a nice weekend.

Alex.

Answers (0)