cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building nested HU in RF receiving.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario in receiving is to create nested HU in RF during receiving of goods for an ASN.

We do not get the HU details in the ASN so we have to build HU's during physical receipt. In the receiving bay, unloaders prepare a pallet initially with a pallet ID. Now they start unloading the cases from the truck and put them directly into the pallet. So they start first by scanning the Pallet and then start scanning the individual cases and put them on the pallet. When the pallet fills up, they scan the second pallet and then repeat the process again until everything is unloaded.

How will be do this scenario in EWM RF? In RF, currently I only get the option to create one HU (the cases). Is there a way to do this without an additional step of taking the cases to a pack work center to build the pallets.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi James

My first queue is do you wana to pack before GR or after GR.

If you wana to pack before GR. Then try to do same operation on dextop screen and then need to create zcode for RF screen.

If you wana to do after GR then SAP support that via POSC.

Now If you wana pack and GR same time. Then call GR PPF same time of RF unload and packing activity.  So how to achieve this First unload activity in GR area. At the same time call screen/program  for creating pallet HU and then pack according to your need.

I hope it has to go with technical/program  enhancements.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suraj for taking out time to reply.

We want the 3rd option....i.e. pack at the same time as we are doing unloading and posting GR. So you are indicating that we would need an enhancement in the RF to achieve creating a pallet on RF and unloading directly into the pallets to build the nested HU without taking them to a work center using POSC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

POSC will come into picture if packing is done after GR . POSC works only if HU is available and not directly with product . I am wondering of packing in EWM can be really done without workcenter ?

I would suggest to work with POSC and pack cases in pallet after unloading and use workcenter to pack . I mean HU might not go physically to work center but in system it will be packed in a workcenter.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh for replying.

We want to definitely avoid POSC here as we do a lot of receiving throughout the day (very high volume). With POSC, we will have to do too many scans. Like, firstly we have to scan the HU's while we are unloading (this will create the case HU)...and then, even though it might be a virtual WC, scan the HU's again to build them in a pallet. Physically, our warehouse does not have Work center concept with a desktop and all.....they do everything on the RF so even if we have a virtual WC, we will still have to scan every HU to palletize them....

That, obviously, if we have any other way than POSC.....even enhancement would do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James

Now try to do same opration in EWM.

step one pack in del before unload >> following function >> Pack and create Pallet and drop HU.

Step 2 unload to GR zone.

Now in RF create new screen which calls first step and where you can create HU and pack. same as desktop.

Then in same RF tcode call unload action WT moving from door to Gr-zone.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok that sounds perfect. So the way that we create HU's in the packing screen on desktop, we have to call the same transaction and try to emulate that on RF screen. Obviously the drag and drop would not be available on RF but instead do it through sequence of scans.

This will work for us.

I hope the developers would know better which FM to use to call the trx.

Thanks

James

Answers (0)