Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up the logical system - "you have no authorization for this action"

radim_vongrej
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
After SAP NW PI 7.4  installation I wanted to try to test the use cases (examples) which are described      in the SAP document - SAP NW 7.4 Simple use cases. To test mentioned test cases several configuration steps in SAP NW PI have to be done in advance. All those steps are described in the doc - SAP NetWeaver 7.40 – Demo Examples Configuration.

I've defined a new user XIDEMO, assigned  the specific roles: SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR; SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR; SAP_XI_MONITOR
When I login into client 001 for this XIDEMO user, I call transaction SALE and choose Basic Settings > Logical Systems > Define Logical System. Then I get a message "you have no authorization for this action"
I was trying to set up additional roles or groups to this user, but without success.
Any idea how to deal with it ?
Thanks in advance
Radim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radim,

Please close the thread and post the solution, if any other than the one replied by SCN members. It will help to get a solution for others.

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radim,

Try these roles.

SAP_XI_DEMOAPP

SAP_XI_DEMOAPP_EXECUTE

Regards,

Praveen.

radim_vongrej
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

these roles are already assigned to the user.

regards,

radim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Radim,

Just after you got auth. error, go to transaction SU53 , to determine which authorization element you're lacking of.

1-Reproduce authorization error

2-Go to /nSU53 tcode.

Best Regards,

Serhat

radim_vongrej
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Serhat,

I tried and I got an error message > You are not authorize to use transaction SU53 ..

Best regards,

Radim

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radim,

For setting up logical system or any other ALE settings you are required to have ALE user roles:

• SAP_BC_MID_ALE_ADMIN for ALE administrators
  • SAP_BC_MID_ALE_DEVELOPER for ALE developers

Also, The authorization profile B_ALE_ALL contains all the required ALE roles.

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

www.saphelp.me

radim_vongrej
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I've assigned the profile B_ALE_ALL as you suggested, but without any success. Any other idea how to solve the problem ?

For instance DDIC user is able to run SALE transaction - "define logical system", but in read-only mode.

Thanks,

Radim

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radim,

You can always run tcode SU53, after you get the error while doing a change in SALE and Basis team can help you with missing authorization.

Also, there can be non-editable setting at a system level. please check with Basis team.

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

radim_vongrej
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

SAP_ALL profile has been assigned, after that is possible to define logical systems.

regards,

Radim