Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee manager

waqar_ahmed
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to extract data from R/3 to BW. I have Employee number, how can I extract the manager of that employee number. If someone can guide me in terms of technical details (Table) would be much appriciateable

Regards,

ray

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

DM4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ray Yan,

1. Check the position ID in IT0001 infotype for that employee no using PA20 tcode.

2. In PP01 tcode enter the object as Position (S) and enter Position ID as Object id which was taken from previous step then select Relationship (1001) infotype and check for A002 (Reports to) relationship.

Or

you can check in HRP1001 table using se16 tcode.

Regards,

Deepali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

The relationships between org units, positions, persons etc. are maintained in infotype 1001. In order to find the manager of an employee, you can find the org unit of the employee from PA0001 (Table for infotype 1, field ORGEH). You can use FM HR_READ_INFOTYPE to get this info.

Next, pass this org unit and wegid B012 to FM RH_STRUC_GET to get the chief position. Once you get this, pass this position and wegid 'A008' to the same FM to get the holder of the chief position who would be the manager of the org unit.

Thanks,

Leena

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It completely depends on the Organisation structure  where we can use relationships to identify the manager usually A002 and A012 can be used to identify them it varies with existing system.

Regards

Venkatesh