cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori Client (Single Sign-On) on iPad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Professionals,

I have a question regarding SAP Fiori Client 1.2.3.

Is it possible to implement SSO with SAP Fiori Client and SAML 2.0?

Is it possible to implement SSO in SAP Fiori Client without SAML 2.0?

Is it possible to set up or change a session timeout for SAP Fiori Cleint?

I don't want to do an authentification process and see logon screen every 5-10 minutes or if I just switch between apps.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards

Dmitry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<<Is it possible to set up or change a session timeout for SAP Fiori Client?

There is a passcode policy for the SAP Fiori Client.  Search for the word lockTimeout in the following documents

There are different SSO options available.  Can you provide a few more details of what you are looking for.  There are SSO options when proxying through the SMP server, Afaria or Mobile Secure or another MDM solution provider can be used to provide the app with an X 509 Certificate provider, and there is SAML support. 

I believe there is some work being done to better document this.  I will include a link to this once it becomes available.

Regards,

Dan van Leeuwen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

thank you for your answer.

we don't have any SMP server in our system landscape and don't plan to implement one.

We don't have any MDM right now, but will implement one in the future.

Now we just do a proof of concept phase and want to connect a standard SAP Fiori Client (iOS8, iPad) direct (via Reverse Proxy) to SAP NW Gateway. Actually we have implemented only with a latest standard version SAP Fiori Client 1.2.3 and didn't try to generate generic version of SAP Fiori Client. We didn't do yet configuration of SAML. We just test Fiori Client 1.2.3 with X 509 Certificate. In our tests we should very oft enter user credentials in authentication screen(app newstart, app change, session timeout etc.). It's not acceptable for our mobile users and we try to find any solution to do it just one time per day for example.

The second problem was with back navigation during document preview on iPad. We don't have any ability to navigate to back view or home view. We can just close an app and start again. Settings toolbar is not called in document preview screen.

Regards

Dmitry

VP
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Not sure about your all queries. Did you check this btw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

thank you for your link.

Yes, I checked it, but I have not tried to implement it with Fiori Client App.

I think its only for Fiori application bookmarks and cannot be apply for SAP Fiori Client App.

Kind regards