Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What along with PI??

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Primarily I am a PI resource(4 yrs exp) , but the organisation I am working in has many things to offer , means I can along with PI can work or learn abap or BI or portal.Also I have enough time left from my PI work , so that I can engage in other technologies.

But I dont know , being a PI resource which tech knowledge along with PI would be best combination.

Any suggestion?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dilip,

As you say that you have 4 years of exp...So it will be very good if you can learn the concepts of ABAP.

Because then you will be in a better position in understanding the end to end working of interface rather than just PI part.

And SAP HANA is also vert trending technology in todays environment.

But i would definitely suggest to go for ABAP first and any other module..if time permits you can also try your luck in some functional module and then do certification.

Regards

Naveen

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Please do not use this forum for career advice. This forum is stricly for PI technical issues only.
There are other forums where this type of question can be posted.

All those who responded, please note. Do not reply to these type of queries on the PI SCN forum.

Regards

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for all your valuable inputs..for time being I think it would be wise to strengthen abap concepts and java..also will do POCs on untouched PI parts..

Thanks again.

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Its good to have knowledge of ABAP & JAVA along with PI.

Also it would be beneficial to improve skills on BASIS, SOA, BPM, BRM, HCI, Gateway etc.

In SAP there is many more things to learn, in fact it has no end thus i love to work in SAP & can't even imagine myself without it.

I am also getting refreshed with my BASIS & ABAP skills along with PI, I have worked on several functional modules such as MM, SD, HR, FI, PS also exploring for BI/BW/BO, CRM, BPM, BRM & HCI in free time.

So the conclusion is gathering knowledge of anything within SAP is always turns into our benefits, this could also rise our position within organization.

BR,

Dipen.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please note adding link to your personal website in your posts goes against

Item 6 of Good Community Etiquette and Behavior.

Avoid solicitations. Avoid marketing your company’s products and services.  If you want people to know your affiliation with your company, put those details in your profile to make the information available to the community. Do not embed links to ads in your posts.  The same applies to email solicitations and advertising.  If you want someone to trust you enough to buy what you offer, share your expertise and they will seek you out. If you want people to contact you, you can choose to make your email visible in your profile, but we ask you not to post it elsewhere on the site.

You already have your website listed in your profile, you don't need to include it in your every reply.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Eng.

Point taken, I was not sure on this. I'll not use it again.

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

If you want to continue as as an Integration expert,

1. ALE IDOC

2. Go for basic ABAP and JAVA

3. Web Services

New concepts - Learn Odata, Successfactors, Sap gateway and REST based integration.

Portal is all together JAVA based programming and itself an integration technique. So, they don't go parallel. Same is the case with BI - reporting tool but no links to PI.

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

Personal info link removed by moderator

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

First of all, i think even with 4 years of experience there are many PI versions with single or dual installation and sometimes it's not easy to know clearly what is supported or what you can do in each installation. You should think that not all clients have the last PI version.

Inside PI/PO you can improve your basis knowledge, to control new adapters like Rest, third-party adapters, HCI integration, module development, NW BPM development and BRM. There are really so many fields to improve in PI and some are not piece of cake.

Outside PI, you can think to follow in the SAP integrations without PI, like ABAP WS-Runtime, SAP Netweaver Gateway and so on.

Finally, improving your ABAP or Java skills can be useful for your company if you have other SAP projects.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

I'm in the same situation.

I think I'll learn ABAP.

Another idea is to learn Java to improve your skills in developing complex custom PI interfaces.

Fabio

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

You can give the preference to ABAP and Java so that you would the expert in SAP PI  and then would suggest to learn ESOA which would be very useful.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen