cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Notification from Root Cause Analysis not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

I'm using a Solution Manager 7.1 SP12. I'm monitoring the Application Log (SLG1) from a remote system.

The monitoring is working, but the notifications are not sent per Email(Yes Email is working, we're using it in many other functions )

After saving the setting(as seen on the second screenshot) and re-entering the configuration wizard, the notifcation setting disappeard.

I implented the note 2052221 but the problem still persists.

Here a screenshot from the Alert Consumer for notification:

As you can see, the usage-list is empty...

best regards

Bastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stephan_prat
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bastian,

Issue is fixed with SAP Note 2113124.

Best regards,

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks, Stephan.

Applying Note 2113124 really fixed the  problem in configuration dialog for us.

However, no notification or third party reactions are performed now.

We can see in MAI Tools that provider E2EEM_GENERIC_DP is executed and produces data, also see aborted jobs in System Monitoring "ABAP Aborted Job (ExMon)", but external command is simply not triggered. Also checked SLG1 E2E_ALERTING for OS_CMD*, but no entries.

Strange thing is that it's been working before, when with some tricks ExMon setup was managed to include notification for Job Abortions.

Any hint or at least some information about logfiles, SM Job etc. responsible for third party reactions would be highly welcome. Currently it appears like a black box not doing what it should, and I have no further idea where to look.

Regards

Martin

stephan_prat
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Do you see entries in System Monitoring?

The data may take time to be displayed in System Monitoring and Alerting.

Best regards,

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

no, I was able to see aborted Jobs in Exmon Monitoring view, but not in technical monitoring, not even after days of waiting (correction to posting above).

However, it seems to be working now: We've deleted all non-working objects configuration in RCA Exmon Setup (ExMon -> Configuration -> select System -> Delete / "Delete all existing Exception Management configurations") and re-created.

This seems to be a necessary step after implementation of SAP Note, but is not mentioned there.

Another strange thing: After deletion of any system setup in Exmon, associations to notifications or third party alerts are lost in every other system configuration. So after deletion (resp. re-creation) of one system you have to re-define setup of all others.

Additionally, in MAI_TOOLS "Directory Consistency Check", all objects of Scenario type EX_MON are shown as inconsistent for reason "have no relation to the correct category event", whatever this may mean.

Anyway, we're really glad to have it working now.

Thanks again for your help

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bastian,

I wonder if you've ever found a solution for that issue.

We are facing exactly the same problem, but with SP13 and Aborted Jobs LogStore.

Tried both Notification and Third Party Component, also different browsers IE, Firefox, Opera.

Looks like if configuration entered is always stored for first LogStore in table (ABAP Dumps in English setup).

Thanks for any information, regards

Martin Scherpenbach