cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-suggest for drop-down fields in WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having a requirement in webdynpro abap which require the functionality of Auto-suggest for drop-down fields in WD.

For example if the user is typing 'A' in a dropdown field then all the names starting with the letter ‘A’ should be shown as a help.

Kindly guide me to achieve this.

Thanks,
Arun Narayanan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

In which ECC/EP version you are working on.

From EP 7.02 version you will be having the Suggest Value option for Input Field and drop down too works automatically on entering any value.

Just try to enter any alphabet and it automatically picks up the corresponding drop down value.

BR,

RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Our EP version is 7.3 and SP 13.

I am able to see the 'Suggest Value' option in Input field properties but not in Dropdown field properties.

Thanks,
Arun Narayanan.

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Arun,

That's right. You can see 'Suggest Value' option only for Input Field and not to drop down.

According to SAP UI design, your drop down value works by Jscript. So as Katrice told, if you press any alphabet, the drop down will automatically populates the value based on your selection.

Hope you understood. Let me know in-case you need further info.

BR,

RAM.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KH & RAM,

Thanks a lot for your valuable time and provided suggestions.

I could convey the same to the user and we are trying to implement the same via input field.

Thanks & Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your issue resolved?.If not , pls revert back with your queries.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

When it comes to dropdown, you cannot show all the values related to any given letter Say 'A' in your case.

I.e you have 3 values in your dropdown starting with 'A' ,When you press alphabet A it just populates the values one after the other .

But in case of input field,there is a property namely 'inputHelp'. You can make use of this property as per your requirement.

If you set the inputHelp = auto (for input field), it proposes all the values starting with the given letter.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

KH