Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A CREATION QUERY related to table as input with RFC

former_member230391
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have  a TABLE AS INPUT to an RFC which i am mapping to create odata.

for the table with fields : i have created a entity type RFCINPUT with property as :

MANDTTypesMANDT
VBELNTypesVBELN
POSNRTypesPOSNR
ERDATTypesERDAT
ERZETTypesERZET

QUERY 1: 

WHERE  should the mapping be done??  under create or getentityset(query) or update of the entity type.???

QUERY 1: 

while giving we can use $filter for single input in the URL itself.

However for multiple input as a table how to handle using rest client postman .( $batch is used i think which i have no idea about)

Cannot we JSON as an INPUT in postman.

Thanks in ADVANCE.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Convay,

According to me two ways ->

1. In SEGW ( GW Service Builder ) create Data Model and under implementation choose Create Entity and use Map to Data Source option to map inputs to RFC and generate run time objects.

Manually Redefine ChangeSet begin and ChangeSet end methods of the DPC_EXT class and activate.

Use BATCH operation to accomplish this.

You can send a PAYLOAD in JSON or XML format which will have all table of entries and for each entry your RFC is called each time to perform Create Operation in BackEnd.

Refer ->

2.  In SEGW create Data Model ( GW Service Builder ),create association and navigation between the same entity and generate run time objects.

Now manually implement Create_Deep_Entity in DPC_EXT class.

In a single JSON or XML payload you can send all the entries in one request and perform POST operation.

Refer ->

Regards,

Ashwin