cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Component refrence during NC logging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to pick the component during NC logging for which I have assigned requisite data type in the NC code.

In the 1st operation component assembly was done and SFC completed. In the next operation for test, NC is to be logged.

During NC log, the component field appears but in the drop down it shows all the components from the BOM (even those which are assigned to operations which come after the test operation).

Is it not supposed to show only those components from the BOM which precede this operation and are assembled in to SFC?

Would appreciate any input on this.

Thanks in advance,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas

It's not that sophisticated, it just shows you all the components in the BOM, whether assembled or not.

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stuart,

Thanks for your reply.

This definitely clarifies my doubt. But from fucntion point of view the worry remains in the sense if the component list is big then the operator will have to search through it.

Thanks

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

I think it can be a good enhancement. You may communicate it to the Product Owners when you have a chance or proceed as per SAP Note 11.

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the input. I agree that this could be looked into. I will explore this bit more and try to connect with concerned team.

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas

Actually, I overlooked the system rule "NC Unassembled BOM Components" (if set to true, allows operators to log nonconformances against unassembled components), since this is the default out of box configuration. So, changing this to false should prevent you from Nonconforming unassembled components. I have not tested it and it may not be sophisticated enough to support timebased components.

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stuart,

Thanks for the input. I will try it out and revert back. But the question I have is why should it list all the BOM components and not only those which are assigned to the operation at which NC is being logged or those which are assigned to a previous operation.

May be the behavior is controlled by system rule maintenance? Let me check this out.

Thanks

Srinivas

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is to allow defective material that may have been fitted at a previous operation to be non-conformed at a future operation. .i.e A material is fitted at assembly but found to be defective at a QC operation further down the routing.

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stuart / Steven,

I did change the system rule "NC Unassembled BOM Components" to "False".

After this when I try to select the component from the drop down during NC Logging, it is still showing and the components in the BOM, and when I select any of the component (Assembled or non assembled), I get the error message "Component CR0000122 not assembled on this SFC (Message 13140)".

Any suggestion on this is most welcome.

Thanks

Srinivas

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

If you can replicate this for the simplest case of a single assembled BOM component when the rule is set to FALSE, then you have found a bug.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

I am preparing a document to raise a support ticket on the above. But now I am facing a different issue which was not seen earlier.

When logging the secondary NC (Defect), I have configured in a such a way that "Component" drop down appears during NC logging and I can select the component from the drop down. It is working fine till the point of giving me the component list.

But when I select a component (assigned or unassigned), the component appears in the filed and then goes off. It is not retained in the filed.

I am not sure what change has made it to behave this way. I have tried with system rule for Nonconformance "NC Un-assembled BOM Component" = True and also with False.

Any clue on this would be helpful so that I can complete the tests and raise a support ticket.

Thanks in advance

Srinivas

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

This might depend on the datatype fields. In particular, for Ref Des and Component fields there was a refresh mechanism: when Ref Des is selected, the system automatically populates Component field. This was triggered at tabbing out from Ref Des field. So, you can try if such config works for you. For this case, Ref Des field should go before Component field.

And another issue was related to refreshing graphical components. This issue was hard to replicate.

So, maybe your observations stem from one of these things.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

Thanks for the reply. I am not using reference designator. I am using the standard COMPONENT data type which has Component Number before Reference Designator.

Last week when I was working with component selection during NC logging, it was working quite well.

But for the past few days, the field is not retaining the component in the sense when I select the component number from the component list pop-up, it stays in the field for few seconds and then the field becomes empty. There is no message either.

I am sure I have not made any change to NC Code, NC Client etc or for that matter system rule maintenance.

What can cause this problem?

Thanks

Srinivas

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

As I wrote, possible root causes could be those 2 mentioned above.

Additionally I would check if NW restart can restore the correct behavior. If yes, then refreshing graphical components seems to be a more likely culprit.

Regards,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

"But when I select a component (assigned or unassigned), the component appears in the filed and then goes off. It is not retained in the filed."

I was able to replicate the same and I know it is being investigated by development department.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alexander.

I will wait for any further update.

Thanks

Srinivas

Answers (0)