cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Number Maintenance - IncrementBy is used for what?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

as I'm developing a webservice I've used the "IncrementBy" of my next number template as the value which is added to the current sequence of the number.

Let me provide an example:

• The current sequence is 1
  • The IncrementBy value is 6
  • I order a new number and get 7 (current sequence + IncrementBy value)

My problem is now that the documentation states, that the "IncrementBy" value is used to "(...) increment the minimum and maximum sequence numbers."

Next Number Maintenance - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library

This would differ from my current usage. However, I can't see any sense in providing a "incrementby" value to manipulate static data in a table. Furthermore the name of the column would be a fail, too. May there just be a mistake in the documentation?

If not, what's the sense behind the incrementby value then?

Thanks and regards,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kai

The help is wrong. When you request a number from Next number, it returns the Current Sequence. It then adds the value of the Increment By to that number and stores it back to the Current Sequence, ready for the next request.

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

Thank you.

Could you please set a rating, so that some "official" will recognize this thread (in order to delegate a change of the documentation)?

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai

You can rate and comment on the help, but I've found that ineffective. The best way is to open a support incident to get the text changed. If you are not able to do that, I can do so.

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, done

Thank you!

Answers (0)