cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Edge; Difference 5 named user license and a 5 concurrent sessions licence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Hi experts, when i walk through the SAP pricelist for SAP BusinessObjects BI it seems to me that named user licenses are far more cheaper than concurrent session licences.
I also understood, when i read the BI Pricing FAQ about Simplied licensing, that for creating Webi reports you no longer need named user licenses.

The pricing level for 5 named user licenses however is far more cheaper than for a 5 concurrent session license.
I would have expected a difference but not one that big.
Is this caused by this recent change mentioned in that BI Pricing FAQ?
Or is there more than meets the eye?

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Concurrent license is always more expensive named user license.

If you have 5 concurrent license then you can create 20 or more users but only 5 users sessions can login at a given point of time.

If you named license then you can create only number of users you have been licensed. If you have 5 named license then system won't let you create more than 5 users.

Thanks,

Shakthi Raj Natarajan.

former_member230417
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Ideally such questions would be best answered by the Sales team and depends upon your Business Rquirement.

Named user license shall limit the number of user's creation ( 5 users) in this case, whereas the Conucrrent license would limit the number of Concurrent users that login at any given point of time.

Regards,

Nachiket