Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM GDS Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have 3 questions regarding MDM-GDS:

1) Can GDS access the data from SAP Recipe Development module? What are the customization required, if any?

2) What controls are available in GDS to control the updates from source systems to GDS and from GDS to 1WorldSync?

3) Can 1WorldSync accept message from SAP GDS without any customization?

My understanding of the above 3 questions is as below, kindly correct my answers below:

1) To access the data from SAP Recipe Development one way that I know is upload  the source file using import manager and send the data to GDS.         Customization depends on the requirement of the organization if there is a need for the addition of z or custom fields.

2) Any delta are updated in GDS and withing GDS there are several ways to control the hierarchy such as linking, unlinking parent, child relationship etc.     Please add other controls, if I am not thinking in the right direction.

3) Yes. But, if there are z fileds, then it also needs to be add in source systems, mdm, GDS and 1WorldSync.

Appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks & Regards,

Hemal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hemal

Refer the answers..

1) Can GDS access the data from SAP Recipe Development module? What are the customization required, if any? GDS cant directly communicate with SAP System.. you need Process Integration in middle to communicate to ECC and send data to 1world sync.

you can use import manager to load items in GDS. 

you cna add your custom elements in GDS and the same can be handled in PI standard mapping -

Refer the blog -

2) What controls are available in GDS to control the updates from source systems to GDS and from GDS to 1WorldSync?

you need PI to communicate with 1WS using AS2 adapter.

3) Can 1WorldSync accept message from SAP GDS without any customization?  yes you can use the standard PI GDS mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramkumar

Answers (0)