Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering Single DB into Tenant DB - SPS09

former_member183087
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have been going through the SPS09 MDC features and trying out some new cool features in SPS09. My first thought is to migrate one of my development instance which is running on Rev 82 to a tenant DB in Rev 91.

There is one note 2101737 which explains how to recover the database from one tenant DB to other, but is there any note which describes how to recover my existing Rev 82 DB into a Rev 91 tenant DB ?

There is one command which will convert the single DB to multi DB (hdbnsutil -convertToMultiDB). But I wanted to recover the existing backup to new tenant DB.

Please share your experiences if anyone have tried this out.

Thanks

Srikar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikar,

At this moment, i don't think there's a way to restore single DB to tenant DB as there'll be mismatch on the topology. for example, tenant DB only exist with its indexserver, however, to restore a single DB, which consists of multiple services such as nameserver, indexserver, xsengine to a tenant DB is impossible, as the nameserver is only exist in the tenant SYSTEM DB.

I've tried to perform the same, recover single DB to tenant DB by manipulating the topology, but to no avail.

Therefore, to restore a single db to tenant db, you first need to convert your single db to tenant db.

Hope it helps,

Nicholas Chang

former_member183087
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Nicholas. I guess I need to install a single container HANA system, recover with Rev 82 DB and then convert the SPS 09 system into multi container. Can you please point me to the correct note number which describes migrating single DB to tenant DB.

Regards

Srikar

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikar,

There's no specific note on migrating single DB to tenant DB. Once you convert your single DB to multi tenant, it'll become tenant DB. What you need is just backup & restore tenant DB across diff host.

You can refer to the blog below:

http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2015/01/22/cross-tenant-database-recovery

Hope it helps,

Nicholas Chang