cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative resource for capacity leveling in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am checking capacity leveling in SNP with alternative resource, is it possible to define alternative resource other than creating new production version/routing? creating all the possible alternative require a lot of time.  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yossi,

In SNP the alternative resources are not considered in the planning.

SNP planning generates planned orders with different sources of supply or plans

You can have only create one mode per activity in the SNP

SNP capacity leveling execution with 'Alternative Resources', considers the alternative resources based on different source of supply that is PDS/PPM not alternative resource.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rupesh,

for example if the routing include 3 machines (a1,b1,c1) , and each machine has  1 alternative (a2,b2,c2), if i what that the SNP capacity level will consider all the options, i need to create 8 different routings/PDSs:

routing 1:      a1,b1,c1

routing 2:      a2,b1,c1

routing 3:      a1,b2,c1

routing 4:      a1,b1,c2

routing 5:      a2,b2,c1

routing 6:      a1,b2,c2

routing 7:      a2,b1,c2

routing 8:      a2,b2,c2

is this correct? is there simple way to create all these combinations?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yossi,

As I know you need to have separate production versions for these combinations to plan in SNP.

However SNP is rough cut planning so do you required all these combinations in SNP planning?

PPDS support the alternative resource after conversion of SNP order to PPDS order you can capacity leveling according to the alternative resource capacity.

Also will it be possible to create A1 and A2 as single resource B1 and B2 as single resource etc?

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (0)