Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry and SAP Mobile Secure

former_member220966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are currently implementing SAP Work Mgr 6.2 on SMP SP04 at our client. The client wanted to use Mobile Iron for MDM/MAM but they ran into some issues. We are thinking of pitching SAP Mobile Secure(Afaria in the Cloud) for MDM/MAM along with Mocana for app security. Can someone please help me out with the below questions?

- The work mgr. app needs to be on VPN to be able to sync with the backend. Do we need to use Mocana for this or can we just use Mobile Secure?

- The client does have Afaria v7 on premise already in production. Can Syclo application connect through VPN on Afaria 7 on iOS devices? Are there

any restrictions?

- What is the license cost for SAP Mobile Secure? I know the usual answer for this is to ask our rep, but I just wanted to get an idea. Can someone

provide this information or is there any document out there that covers this?

Regards,

Abhinav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

As far as Afaria is concerned we can deliver any application.  I don't think this connection is how the application would connect back to SMP however. Afaria would merely be a vehicle for configuration and delivery. Mocana is for app wrapping for security.  You can use Afaria to configure your VPN as well.

My understanding is the Sylco application doesn't actually use the Afaria connection per se, but the WM 6.2 would need to be able to see the SMP server, however that would need to be set up.

Support doesn't have access to license costs.

Hope this helps

Tracy Barkley

Sr Tech Support Eng

SAP Active Global Support

former_member220966
Participant
0 Kudos

Tracy,

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Answers (0)