cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. When Creating a DIR thru EDMS,  must it be assigned a number using a defined number range?, Can it not be an External and determined by user?

2. Folder Numbers (Same ? as above)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To those who have replied, I appreciate your Quick Responses. Do I need to award points or ? or just a big thank you. Am new to this site. Will have many questions on EDMS. Does anyone have a good presentation source to highlight the benefits of EDMS. I am in the process of trying to convince our IS Dept that we should implement EDMS. As it seems to be the best way to handle thousands of R & D Engineering type Docs, rather than being on peoples PC's & Servers in a uncontrolled fashion.

We presently use Std DMS for all Drawings, but it is those pesky Specs, Reports Etc. That are spread all over.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

for further information on EasyDMS please check out the following links:

SAP Easy Document Management - SAP Library

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=37290112

Best regards,
Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christoph, one last ? for the day. Is there a virtual Sandbox that I can use thru SAP somewhere.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

maybe there is such an option on the SAP Service Marketplace for some DEMO needs, but from my experience I do not know such a sandbox environment.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes as per Christoph it is advisable to have Internal Number Range for DIR created via EDMS. But still if you have a requirement to assign the number externally you can assign the same via technical Details tab.

Thanks

Amulya

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

generally it is recommended that documents in EasyDMS allow the usage of internal numbers. That means for the document type used in EasyDMS in internal number range should be maintained in transaction DC10.

The usage of external number could be useful for folders and is required for the 2 standard EasyDMS folders:

private: <userID>

public: EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER

Here the number is assigned externally. For other documents and folders you can also use external numbering during the creation process if you navigate to the tab "Technical Details". Here you can enter a document number as well but this is not that easy when using Drag&Drop function for example.

Best regards,

Christoph