cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webMethods to XI migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went thru all the discussions here,but there very few which cud explain the question.

My client is looking for migrating his entire interfaces from webMethods to XI and we are in the processing of creating a methodology for the migration.

Interfaces in the landscape are

1.SAP - SAP

2.SAP - Non SAP

3.non SAP - non SAP

4. B2B ( SAP to an external system outside the firewall)

Pls throw some light on how to go ahead,methodology and best practice etc.

Regards,

Nandini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nandini,

WebMethods have developed a Adapter that can be used to connect to XI (bot XI and PI ) . These adapters send the message directly to the Integration Egine of XI and likewise XI uses the XI Adapter to trigger the messages to a URLon he WebMethods side.

One of my colleagues has worked on a very successful POC for a webmethods XI integration and the last I heard from him he was working on a draft document of this POC to be published on SDN.

Will try to get him tp provide exact answers to your question.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, i thought the question was to do with XI - WM integration. I overlooked that it is a migration and not a integration.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

See the below links

http://www.sap.com/solutions/netweaver/pdf/BWP_SB_ExchangeInfrastructure.pdf

/thread/154189 [original link is broken]

- xi implementation

Regards

Chilla

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nandini

Here are some of the areas which need to be focused

-> Mapping and Transformation: This is going to be your major task. Webmethods has a propriety flow editor which is very easy to handle. However it also supports XSLT. If your mappings are done using XSLT, then its going to bring down your development effort greatly. If not, you pretty much have to redo them completely in XI

-> Adapters: This mostly impacts non SAP and B2B interfaces. You might want to check if there were custom adapters used and if there are industry specific adapters used.

Depending on the complexity of your interfaces and customization, there may be other areas to focus on.

Hope this helps

Thanks

KK