cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Issue in EWM for a Process Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What transaction is used for direct issue of products against a process order in EWM?

Thanks,

avi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pls. read following thread, which may help you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3695499

Regards,

Petr

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use this one to answer the question you put in the other "kidnapped" topic.

"What transaction do you use for direct issue in EWM? I tried /SCWM/DLV_GIPSA but I keep getting error message 'Error occured during stock selection in warehouse: XXXX'. Although, I have enough stock in the PSA. Any idea what I am doing wrong or what can be done to fix this?"

What do you mean with "direct issue"?

I have never tried this transaction. Actually I was not even sure what it is used for, but now I read a little bit, it is described here: Outbound Delivery Process - Goods Issue - SAP Library 

So it is actually for the scenario where you use two storage locations which are not sharing the same warehouse number - and I have never done that.

So maybe you should clarify first which scenario you are using. And this transaction is actually not for consumption of the products.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen,

There are some material in the BOM which are back flushed. Consumption of these material occur during confirmation of process order. However, there may be other material which are directly issued to the process order. Example, you first stage the required quantity in the PSA and from there you goods issue or consume the quantity that you want. So if the process order requires 900 LB of material A and you have 1000 LB HUs in your warehouse for that product then you can bring the whole HU to the PSA, issue 900 LB and take back 100 LB to the warehouse.

So I staged all BOM components to the PSA. The back flushed items got consumed during confirmation. There is one material which is sitting in the PSA since it needs to be directly issued to the process order. /SCWM/DLV_GIPSA looked like the only legit transaction.

Petr - Why should I use a BADI? Shouldn't there be a standard transaction in EWM for issuing to process order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to go with direct outbound delivery process as Juergen recommends.

You can configure the account assignment category to be posted to your process order. It is the same as in ECC when you manually post GI in MIGO - in EWM you create direct outbound delivery.

BAdI is just an option, which should always be very considered and avoided if possible.

Regards,

Petr

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess in that case you have to go with the "Advanced Production Integration" available with EWM 9.2. I am not really an production expert, but as I understand it in the "classic'" integration the movement is always triggered from EWM. In the Advanced Production Integration you can do both.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree. It will require EWM 9.2 though. It certainly has more features specific to EWM-PP scenarios.