cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Approver for Different business process

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have requirement in my company to enable a Access request workflow based on the input of Business process. In short if the end user create a request and added a role which belongs to basis then the workflow must go to Role Owner likewise if there is role which belongs to Finance then Workflow must triggered to Finance Role Owner.

Can you anyone give me some good details how to configure this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

I am presuming that the actual workflow for approval of any of these roles is the same, i.e. same sequence of stages and same type of approval agents regardless of if the request is for a Basis or Finance role.

Given my assumptions above, it sounds like you don't want to have a certain stage approved by the actual Role Owner in a stage, so utilising the Business Process field at the line item level (i.e. the Business Process aligned to the actual role in BRM) is a good idea.

To do this, you need to create a BRF+ Agent rule as suggested by a few of the forum members already and create the actual BRF+ Agent rule as a "Flat Rule".

Whilst this WIKI below shows how to create a BRF+ Flat Rule initiator, the concept is same as you will only be changing the 'Rule Kind' to "Agent Rule".

NOTE: Ensure that your condition columns in your BRF+ decision table has the "LINE_ITEM_KEY" entry per row as shown in the WIKI screenshots.

BRF plus Flate Rule - GRC Integration - Governance, Risk and Compliance - SCN Wiki

All the best.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

For this requirement, you just need to build a BRF+ agent rules based on Business Process.

Start creating the rule in the same way as the BRF+ initiator using Define Workflow Related MSMP Rules.

For Rule Kind select Agent instead of Initiator.

Select Business Process as your decision table entries and generate your rule.

Once generated in BRF+, you can then add the USER ID into the result set.The User ID is the result you are attempting to return.

For agent rule the Results Section (should be highlighted in GREEN when looking at the decision table), the user ID is place in the field marked USER_ID (if in Expert Mode) or User ID (in Simple Mode).

You can maintain approvers details using "Direct input" for field USER_ID

Then you need to add this rule to MSMP configuration in Maintain Rules, and in Maintain Agents.

You can then use this Agent Rule as an Approver in a stage (provide you set the agent type as Approver).

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@madhu babu,

A special request please....can you come up with a document on this please?

Able to understand this, but halfway through getting struck.

This is happening many times only with the understanding the result set in agent.

Regards,

Deepak M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Could you clarify whether it is the Business process of request or Business process of role, as per which, you would like to route the request.

Also, every role has a role owner. So, you can use the standard Agent id, for your requirement. So, can you clarify , why separate routing will be required, as per Business?

Please clarify your requirement.