Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent-Scenario Functionality

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello S&OP Experts,

I have been working on an engagement and the client wants to understand more on the Scenario Functionality. I couldn't find a proper documentation on the same so reaching out you all. Would really appreciate if some on can provide me answers for these doubts:

1. Is there a separate permission for controlling scenario access ? I know one in "Role" configuration. Is there anything else.
  2. Is it limited to the key figures i select when i create scenario ?
  3. Does it store all key figures or only some ?
  4. Once the scenario is created, can those KF attached to the scenario be plotted in the graph. if yes then how?
  5. Is there a limitation on number of scenarios that can be created ? What should be a ideal limit to create scenarios?
  6. Performance-Creating too many Scenarios will deteriorate performance?

Any best practices that can be advised to a client for using the scenario functionality.

Thanks in advance for you help

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/download/ibp/ibp40_model_ref_en.pdf

here you should find explainations about versions and scenarios (I'm not sure if you mean versions of scenarios in your question)

Regards,

Patrizia

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Patrizia,

Thanks for your reply but I meant "Scenario" that one can see in the Excel Ribbon. They have a separate tabs for Versions and Scenarios now.

So I am looking answers specifically for Scenarios. Let me know if you can help.

Thanks

former_member217157
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

End User Scenarios is a new functionality in IBP 4.0 FP1.  This is not to be confused with Versions (formerly known as Scenarios) prior to IBP 4.0 FP1.

Versions is a copy of your data (based on the Key Figures and filters used during initialization).

Scenarios works on changes to your data in simulation and can be created and managed  by End User. These are saved simulations.

Response below...

1. Is there a separate permission for controlling scenario access ? I know one in "Role" configuration. Is there anything else.

->Yes , there is a separate permission called Manage User-Defined Scenarios

1. Is it limited to the key figures i select when i create scenario ?

->Scenarios tracks the delta to the key figure values that you made in a simulation and saved as a scenario So it is not just limited to the KFs that you create scenario.
Does it store all key figures or only some ?

-> Same as above , it stores the deltas to the Key Figure values that you change. The scenarios are not visible to anyone else unless you share.

1. Once the scenario is created, can those KF attached to the scenario be plotted in the graph. if yes then how?

->Just like versions, scenarios can be plotted on graphs. As you may know the charts can be completely customized (They are plain excel charts)

1. Is there a limitation on number of scenarios that can be created ? What should be a ideal limit to create scenarios?

->As such there is no limitation, but you may want to keep the scenarios to 3 or less. As I mentioned, scenario are by End User, so at some point it will become hard to track how many users created.

1. Performance-Creating too many Scenarios will deteriorate performance?

->Too many scenarios can lead to some performance issues, but unlike versions, here we maintain only delta of changes.  There is no actual count of how many scenarios can lead to performance issue. This depends on your model and data complexity.

There is some info on scenarios : Common Features - SAP Integrated Business Planning - SAP Library

We will be adding more to our application help.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Raghav

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghav.

I will get back to you incase I have anything else to ask.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pramod_mane2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Please see attached for more information on Versions and User-Defined scenarios.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Pramod

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Promod