cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Performance problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

We are suffering terrible connections problem when we tried to connect using MDM Data Manager to the MDM Server. To give an example, sometime we wait for more than 10 minutes to complete the connection and the repository load. This obviously would make sense if we would have all the records loaded and we would have an enormous repository to be loaded; however this is not the case.

Have you ever performed repository loading problems or any other sort of performance problem. How are you handling it? What sort of best practices have you implemented?

Kind regards

Gonzalo Perez-Prim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, correct me if I'm wrong but you hit this problem while opening connection to already loaded repository using GUI - Data Manager ?

If so then you should review lookup tables content - number of records in all lookup tables (including hierarchy).

From my experience DM GUI on startup load all lookup table data.

Going to some advise: reduce number and size of your lookup tables OR you should connect to MDM Server using very fast lan connection and PC with a lot of memory.

Regards, marcin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

The problem was related with the LAN where Portal and MDM were located. As SAP insisted on its own sizing document, both should be located on the same LAN. It is possible to have them on the same machine, but this is not recommended as normally a dedicated server is also recommended.

Kind regards

Gonzalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to what the others have said

The MDM Server takes longer to start as more repositories are created on it (irrespective of the number of records in them.)

Similarly, each MDM repository takes longer to start as more languages are enabled on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One factor that affects loading is the number of "Keyword Search enabled" fields. To verify:

1. For your repository go through all the tables

2. For each table go through every field

3. You will see a field property called "Keyword". If it is set to "Normal" then you have turned on keyword search for that field. Assess all fields with Keyword set to Normal and see what you actually need. You can set the Keyword to "None" if you don't need to index the field.

Removing the keyword index speeds up the repository by a great amount.

Regards,

Sayontan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you sized your MDM Server properly?

MDM Sizing guide is available in Service Market place.

For running client applications, I would recommend atleast 2 Gb ram.

CPU Consumption is high when you are executing some matching strategies or Import Manager.

If the repository has lot of binary data(imange) then the archiving would take a lot of time. We are experiencing an hour to archive a repository and 20 to 25 minutes to load the repository.

This is after the fact that the sizing was done properly.