cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry client version for using WM6.1 with map

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the highest version of the Agentry client (WPF) that is supported for WM 6.1 with map enabled?

I understand that the ESRI SDK version requirements change in WM 6.2, so I am wondering: If we need the fixes in a current Agentry client version such as 7.0.6x, will this version also support the map SDK/OpenUI build for WM 6.1?

Another way of asking is, is there a mapping between Work Manager version and Agentry Client versions?

Thanks,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

I will try to answer this question:

Another way of asking is, is there a mapping between Work Manager version and Agentry Client versions?

I will try to answer it based on how we released our products.

During the time of development of any Work Manager products (X), the product team chooses the latest version available for SMP Agentry clients. This will undergo all the regression testing and qualification for any of the available features including GIS (ESRI or Dlls). After the full test and after it is released, no other test will be done on it for any furture SMP Agentry versions.

Any bugs tied to the platform -SMP Agentry clients, will be resolved in higher versions of Agentry. If you have no bugs tied to the Agentry SMP 3.0 platform then you will not need to upgrade to the newer versions except use the out of the box version.

Each time we release a new Work Manager version, the product team will choose the latest available version of SMP 3.0 SDK for the available Agentry clients.

To see the full mapping of what is supported in Work Manager 6.1 or 6.2, all you need to do is look at the http://service.sap.com/instguides.

Choose the Mobile products that you are interested in example: SAP Work Manager 6.1 and look at the release or install guides of what it comes out with. That is the version mapping that you are asking for.

As I mentioned above, the version of Work Manager will not be re-tested for newer SMP 3.0 Agentry clients. It comes out with the appropriate tested SMP 3.0 Agentry client. You use it fully unless you have a platform bug that will make you upgrade the Agentry client (on a newer SMP 3.0 Agentry 7.0.X version. But with respect to the GIS ESRI dll, whatever we packaged it with is what you are going to use it for.

I hope I was able to successfully answer your question.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Michael,

There should be no reason the latest Agentry client couldn't be used with Work Manager 6.1 and mapping.  For WPF, you should just have to copy over all the correct files to the newer version of the client.  I am not aware of any changes in the OpenUI interfaces which would affect the mapping.

I know for iOS I was able to take the latest SDK SP06 client and build it with mapping and VE support for Work Manager 6.1 successfully.

As you mentioned, the mapping control was updated with Work Manager 6.2 and uses a newer ArcGIS SDK and associated GIS Open UI control so making sure you have the right versions of everything will be key.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill. I have had no luck getting WM 6.1 maps working with Agentry Client 7.0.6x

The Client crashes when I click the Locations tab.

I have had no problems doing the same thing with 7.0.5 and less.

I can't say for sure they aren't compatible, but it would be interesting to hear if anyone else got it working.

Michael

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Michael,

I can say for sure they are compatible as I have it working in my environment.  My guess is there are one or more files you may have missed moving across to the new version of the client.

--Bill

0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer the following:

1982598 - GIS Integration Support for Mobile AddOn 6.10

Thanks

Resmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Resmi,

Thanks, and yes I'm familiar with those documents. I don't see any mention of Agentry Client versions for WPF. I do see SMP SP03 mentioned, but I assume this doesn't mean we can't upgrade SMP past that. I assume its a minimum version requirement. I am looking for a maximum version requirement for WM 6.1.

Thanks

Michael

ray_isada
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael -

What type of fixes do you require? Are you getting any errors? Let me do some research as far as version mapping is concerned - assuming you mean mapping between Agentry and SMP.

- Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am seeing a possible performance issue with lists that appears much better in the latest version. However when I copy over the WM 6.1 ESRI DLLs and build the client, it crashes as soon as you hit the Menu button.

Perhaps "mapping" was a foolish word to use in this context. I meant to ask which Agentry client versions can be used with which WM apps the have GIS or VE enabled?

For example:

7.0.4x --> WM 6.1

7.0.5x --> WM 6.1

7.0.6x --> WM 6.2

Michael