cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can support Archimate in PowerDesigner

Former Member

Hi everybody

Does anyone know how modeling in PowerDesigner with Archimate? There are a lot of clients who ask for this issue.

I appreciate any help about this

Regards

SandraE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra

I know that SAP have considered providing Archimate support, but not enough customers have expressed an interest, so I suggest the first thing you do is contact SAP and tell them you want it.

The same goes for anyone else on this forum that wants PowerDesigner to support Archimate - tell SAP that you want it.

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

To support this today, you would be best served by creating an extension for PowerDesigner to support. I know in the past I had one customer who had done that for their environment.

We continue to review modeling notations, like Archimate and others, and their adoption, and practical use within the marketplace.

Cheers,

-Matt C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

Thanks for answering, so do you know if I can get those extensions... so I gotta open a case in SAP, or do you know something about that.

Cheers

SandraE

former_member192453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

SAP support is unable to provide extensions for this functionality. There is an open enhancement, Change request, CR, 650812, to add Archimate support to PowerDesigner. For status updates on this CR, you can subscribe to KBA 2137014. This KBA will be updated when new information becomes available.

Regards,

Anthony

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

That was something developed by one of the peers possibly on this forum, not something currently held or managed by SAP (Please see Anthony's note).

Cheers,

-Matt C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

I've already read Anthony's note.

Thanks

SandraE