Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing UME DataSource from AS ABAP to LDAP

alex_borba
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've read in some places (NOTE 718383 and Forum) that once my DataSource is configured to AS ABAP I cant change it to any other DataSource, I'm wondering if I just get the ume.persistence.data_source_configuration from ConfigTool -> Global Server -> Services-> com.sap.security.core.ume.service back to its default value (dataSourceConfiguration_database_only.xml) or already for the file I want to use (dataSourceConfiguration_adam_readonly.xml, to use MS-Active Directory) wouldn't solve my problem? If not, is there any way to change it or is it true that once AS ABAP DataSource only reinstall saves ???

By the way I'm using NW2004s SR2 SP11 and my Portal 7.0 is in double stack with BI 7.0 on a Windows 2003 host using Oracle 10.2g

Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you installed the Java side with ABAP UME it is not possible to reconfigure it to another data source. This is detailed in the OOS note for Web AS 6.40 UME restrictions.

The restriction note details that this applies ANY TIME you choose ABAP as the persistence store for your JAVA engine at install time. The installation screen details the same info.

When you install ABAP/JAVA combined then you do not have a choice to use another persistence, ABAP is the only one supported.

Choose DB at install time and save your options for later.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

I will go with Rajat. Please check OSS note 718383 as well.

Regards.

Ruchit.

alex_borba
Explorer
0 Kudos

So far I'm still having doubts, thank you guys for the replies, unfortunately each one said a different answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you configure with ABAP persistence you can very well change back to DB / LDAP persistence. For this you need to set the following property

ume.persistance.data_source_configuration to database_only.xml.

Additionally for LDAP settings, you need to configure the followoing properties as well in the config tool (property sheet - com.sap.security.core.ume.service).

ume.ldap.access.server_port

ume.ldap.access.user

ume.ldap.access.password

ume.ldap.access.base_path.user

Ume.ldap.access.base_path.grup

For more information see the link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/89/ed92be4e414f86ab8ac040010d5396/frameset.htm

Thanks

R.Murali

alex_borba
Explorer
0 Kudos

Murali,

Have you tried this procedure? Because many evidence points to NOT RECOMENDED. I mean, how risky it really is and if it fail can I fallback?

alex_borba
Explorer
0 Kudos

Experts,

Thank you for your replys, it seems like isn't doable.