cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-File-Mail Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement (File-File-Mail) like we pick the file from source location and placed into target location. if the file have been placed into target location or delivered from PI then we need to send an email to particular group saying that message delivered. if the message not delivered due to some error then we wont send any email.

Could you please help me on this.highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sanjay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

You can do this by using maintain order at run time option in interface determination like below then PI will send the mail if the file successfully delivered otherwise mail message will be in waiting status (If the file failed for some reason). I have implemented this in my project and it works pretty well.

Regards,

Praveen.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Good idea!, easier than do two scenarios and i think it fits completely with Sanjay requirements.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I agree with the solution provided by praveen.

But what if the receiver channel fails to deliver for any reason(as the technical routing and call adapter happens after interface determination). Then mail will be triggered as delivered but the file will not reach the destination.

So you may pick the file from the destination in the 2nd scenario (as per Inaki).

Suman

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

When you use Maintain order at run time option the messages will be processed in EOIO in adapter engine so if the file message failed to deliver then the next mail message will be in the queue until the predecessor message went into final status (successfully delivered).

Conclusion: If the file message failed the mail will not be triggered. if the file message successfully delivered then only the mail message will be delivered.

I hope i clarified your doubt. you can go ahead and implement my suggestion it will definitely work  because i already implemented in my project and it is working.

Regards,

Praveen.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Why dont do two scenarios?:

1. File to File

SAPTechnical.COM - File-to-File Scenario without creating Repository Objects

2. File to mail. (You do the poll in the path with the first scenario the PI deposited the file)

You can find some examples: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6d967fbc-0a01-0010-4fb4-91c6d38c5...

or http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5083371b-5bd2-2e10-3f8b-ad877d24c...

Regards.