cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have configured Material Determination Header pricing, While creating sales order system is determining price for only Main item and in Delivery only sub item is relavant for picking up to here going good but while creating Invoice system is not determining main item quantities(which is relevant for billing).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

You have marked my last post as helpful. How did it help you in solving the issue you have posted as the question..?

Please understand that this marking is done for the benefit of a member who at a later period searches the forum and sees the discussion, and by looking into the star marks , can easily and quickly get the solution he wanted.

Please Mark the posts, which had helped to solve the issue, Also if there was a post which was the correct single solution for your question then mark it as the correct answer.

Hope you have read the link i have posted in my previous post.

Thanks

Jobi

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

This is due to the item level billing quantity field value, you have in your copying control (VTFL) delivery to billing document.

It may be 'B' for the item category in question. If you change it to "A" , then this will work.

Depending on the business requirement you can do the modifications on billing relavance of Item category (VOV7) and billing quantity at item level in copying control.

Regards

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jobi,

Thanks for your reply I tried bychanging billing quantity from B to A still quantities are not copying.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

So, what is the status with the sub item?

Is the sub item also appearing in the invoice? is it showing the quantity..? and is it having price?

Are you using the std item category properties of TAX and TAPS for main item and sub item respectively..?

Please give the billing and pricing relevance of your item categories

Hope you are doing delivery related billing.

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using standard item categories TAX and TAPS and Delivery related billing.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the sub item also appearing in the invoice? is it showing the quantity..? and is it having price?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As sub item is not relevant for billing it is not appearing in Invoice only main Item is appearing and quantity is showing as zero so price is also showing zero.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi venkatesh,

In the sub item, item category(VOV7), just make it relevant for delivery related billing and test.

It should work. 

so when you have delivered the sub item to customer, instead of the main item (non stock), the invoice will show zero quanity of main item and the delivered quantities of the sub item.

the price will be coming against the sub item in the invoice.

Keep the copy control settings as standard as it was in the beginning.

Test and reply

Regards

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jobi,

My issue solved by changing to delivery related billing for TAPS but my doubt is how price is determinig for sub item in invoice even it is not relevant for pricing that to main item price is determining for sub item how it is happening.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

In Material determination, as per my understanding there is some standard program which is responsible for this behaviour. I donno much on that.

If you have noticed, the pricing of the main item in the order will be apearing as the pricing for the subitem in the invoice.

Even though we are delivering (PGI) the subitem, the sales order updates the main item as delivered (check the schedule lines in sales order after PGI is done).

Regards

Jobi

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Have your requirement been met..?

Hope you will close the discussion if so.

Regards

jobi