cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to MDM and I am trying to trigger workflow when the records are updated, but when going into WF I see the 'Record Update' option is greyed out,  can you please tell me how to enable this?

Thanks,

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Please select Autolaunch - TRUE and retry.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

On the workflow the Autolaunch field is set as 'Immediate'.

Thanks,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

That means you already have other workflow which has the same trigger action.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gabor_molnar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Ravi says it correctly. Just a little clarification:

Checking the text in status bar at the bottom of the Data Manager, will show the reason for disabling the add button for 'Record Add' and 'Record Update', etc

The following text is expected: 'Record Add' already triggers the workflow: xxxxx.

It is allowed to trigger an action per table in workflows only once. Which means if 'Record Add' was already triggered in other workflow for table: YYY then Add button will be disabled in other workflows for action 'Record Add' for all workflows who handles the table YYY.

Regards,

Gábor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi ,

Thanks for the information. Yes, it was used in another workflow.

Gabor, Yes, I see the messaging at the bottom.

So if I need two workflows:

1. Product Group on new items and existing items if they are updated

2. Price Update on existing items

If I have Price to be Record Import and Manual and Product group to be Record Import and Manual, will it suffice?

Thanks,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashiwin,

Thanks for the update.

Coming to second part of your query - When you set an Trigger action,it gets set at record level.

Meaning thereby whenever there is an update in the record the workflow will get triggered.

So if you need 2 workflows then I will suggest to launch single workflow and then based on indivdual case bifercate to different subworkflows.

For example - There is an update in price then the Main workflow gets triggered and the flow has a validation based on which the flow moves to that subworkflow.

Thanks,
Ravi