Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Goods -Sales tax

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Free Goods determination.

The ultimate aim is to capture excise duty and sales tax for materials which is sold as free to customer.

I could able to capture excise duties,whereas it is not charged on customer.

I could able to sales tax,whereas it is t charged on customer.

Only problem i face is for item category TANN ,tax value should be zero (o) means at the time revenue account determination it should not post to customer account .How can i configure it.

I tried with various options but i could not make it.

I thought of generating report keeping in the mind that where ever the condition type R100 >0.01,system should find out the value for sales tax VAT /CST.

Based on that value credit note have to raised for customer.

Here in our case Rs 2.93/- should be issued as credit note.Is there any other alternative option available.

Thanks,

Pradeep M

19 REPLIES 19

m_madhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Excise can be captured using the option J1iEX > EWPO for such

purchases.

As per the std system design once the Free item is checked the

condition tab will NOT appear.

So you may do a direct FB60 Vendor posting to pay the customs.

Capture EI via J1IEX > EWPO option enter values manually.

Activate CVD indicator to imply imports. You can use any additional

text fields and enter GR no there.

Regards

Madhu M

0 Kudos

This one is related to sales.

While selling free goods,excise duty & VAT/CST have to be paid to concerned department,which customer will not pay for material supplied as free.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Try place the R100% C.Type below Tax condition type & run the complete scenario or If you want the Tax to post to the G/L then the options nullfying that value is either posting FI credit note to that extent or a 100% discount condition type below VAT/CST condition types.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I tried by placing the R100 condition type below the sales tax condition type,this impacts the net value of order itself.

TAN Net value=80.90 tax=11.73

TANN net value=2.93- tax value=2.93

Final orders net value=80.93-2.93=77.97.This what it impacts.Already i have tried out this combination but it did not worked out for me.Any other suggestions please.

I have tried by placing From & To for condition type R100,it works in same way as above.

Thanks,

Pradeep M

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

If you have to meet the client requirement the I am just thinking about one workaround. Just configure & test the same & let me know the result.

Place R100 C.type as it is & create one more C.Type copying from VAT/CST in this condition type settings V/06 - Plus/Minus(mark it as "X-Negative) calculation type - percentage%.

Place this new condition type below tax C.types give from & to as the steps of VAT/CST.

Now maintain condition record as 100% in VK11 in this new condition type.

Hence the C.type is Tax it will not be having imapct on the net value it will deduct the value from tax only.

Test the complete cycle.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

0 Kudos

I doubt that suppose if we create negative condition type for tax condition type,it will always fetch the value because we have made it as 100% of VAT/CST.Because we have given VAT/CST value as reference.I think we require to write routine,we cannot use as it..Also this negative condition types cannot be statistical which would require account key.

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Then take the condition table key combinations as per the business requirement means when this 100% condition record for that tax condition type has to be triggered. Mantain the condition record 100% for those key combinations only.

No need of routine.

Ask the business to which G/L they have to post the value if they says tax only then assign the same account key which is assigned to VAT/CST C.types or if it different means assign separate account key.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If any other solution available,please suggest me.

I will try to convince the client.

Else i will go ahead.

I doubt that how other Indian companies does it.

If it is so,based on that i will convince the client.

Dont others promote their product by issuing free goods.

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Some customers will follow of posting FI credit note or some customers on free goods they will not pay tax  or we have to map as per the client requirement with available options.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

0 Kudos

FI Credit Note

you mean through direct FI entry credit note will be passed?

Else we have to create credit memo request?

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Yes, FI Direct entry.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

We have similar process in our project.

We have created Alt Cal Type routines to make tax nill for item category TANN.

Regards

Jobi

0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

Could you please share  that routine.

Which would be helpful for the community

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

The logic is already discussed.

Do you want me to share the coding of the routine..?

0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

If possible please share..

0 Kudos

We are using the below one.

IF komp-PSTYV = 'TANN' OR komp-PSTYV = 'RENN' .

IF XKOMV-KSCHL = 'JIVP' OR XKOMV-KSCHL = 'ZCES' OR XKOMV-KSCHL = 'JIVC'.

XKWERT = 0.

ENDIF.

IF XKOMV-KSCHL = 'ZBPF' OR XKOMV-KSCHL = 'R100'.

XKOMV-KSTAT = 'X'.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

ZBPF is our basic price

Regards

Jobi

0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

If you make tax as zero through routine, then what about posting, How will do payement of tax for the government?

If the customer says he has to pay VAT/CST to govt similar to excise.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on the business. In my project, the tax is not posted for free goods.

Pradeep can look at the following document, which I think may be useful in this case

Thanks

Jobi

0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

Already i made a study on it.

Generally we cannot have tax condition type as statistical.

Please refer the thread.After reading this thread only,this thread was posted.