cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent :IBP Supply Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am working on a small demo for IBP supply.

Objective : Heuristic run in IBP

I have some questions regarding the same.If any of you have done this already, pease provide some guidance or documentation for the same.

• What all Key figure has to be configured in the Planning Area just for a heuristics run (Not interested to run Inventory Optimization)
  • Has the copy of SAP2 worked ? I am getting issues with activation after copy.
  • Any prerequisites.

Thanks, any help would be highly appreciated.

Lavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pramod_mane2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lavi,

Patrizia has already responded on inputs required for the Unconstrained heuristic in terms of Master Data and Input Key figures. Thanks Patrizia!

In addition, If you are not modeling any capacity you don't need to model Source Production, Production Source Item (BOM), Production Resource master data types and associated key figures such as PCAPASUPPLY, PCAPACONSUMPTIONRATE.

You can also just advance copy delivered SAP4 supply planning model and use this model.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pramod

eric_simonson
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Lavi-

I see there is a detailed answer for you question, but I want to clarify a couple points.

1. Multi-Level Heuristics is included in IBP for sales and operations, so you don't need IBP for supply to accomplish this.  The Times Series based Optimization is the unique feature to IBP for supply.
  2. Inventory Optimization is something different and is part of the IBP for inventory application, providing the ability to plan safety stock and target inventory levels while meeting service levels.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavi,

I’m doing the same.

I was able to copy SAP2, activate it, load some data and run heuristic.

I suggest you copy SAP2 because to start from scratch would be very long. I copied also master data type changing the prefix from S2 to my prefix.

Prerequisites for heuristic:

Use attributes PRDID, CUSTID, LOCID, RESID without changing their name (if you copy SAP2, even if you change the name of the master data type while copying, the attribute names will remain the same, so you should be ok).

Master Data needed

Products, Customers, Locations, Resources, Resource Locations,

Customer Source, Location Source, Production Source, Production source item (BOM), Production Resource (production cycle).

Key figures:

If you see in SAP2 the KF that are marked as Input and/or output for supply are those you should have.

Input key figures should be: consensus demand, inventory target, stock on hand, and the key figures corresponding to the above master data if you load master data as time dependent.

Output KF should be: all the dependent demand key figures (customer, location, production, dependent demand); net demand, capacity demand.

Capacity usage, all the receipt kf (customer, production, external, transport, total), all the supply KF, projected inventory.

Cheers,

Patrizia