cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment through SDM and NWDI Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

I made some translational changes in ESS for china in nwds but the changes are not fully visible in Quality. I think there is some issue while transporting.

Can someone please provide me a step by step guide to transport activities released to nwdi.

I made changes to the .xlf file for translation and released the activities.

Basis assembled the .sca file and transported it through CTS.

Also since the changes are not getting reflected in QA after transport through nwdi is it possible to deploy the project locally through SDM.

I created the project from the ESS track ess/cn/pdata and made the changes . Now , can I deploy it locally and then transport the .ear file through CTS.

Please help.

Thanks in advance for your replies

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

what is important to know that assembly is always using the cons/active workspace.

If a new change is not available there then it won't be part of the assembled SCA and so cannot be part of further stages like QA, PROD.

This means that after releasing an activity (and before executing Assembly) the changes have to be imported to Consolidation (in CMS' Transport Studio -- Consolidation tab). Triggering assembly makes sense only after this action.

Once the track has been assembled you need to import the newly generated SCA into QA to have the changes deployed there by nwdi.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

Thanks for the quick reply.

The new changes must be available in consolidation since the translation are partially visible in QA.

Under ESS ROADMAP EDIT the changes are there but under Review the changes are not there.

When the .sca was imported initially the partial changes were visible but now when i reverted the translation back the changes are not at al visible in QA i.e the field is still showing new translation in under EDIT and old Translation under Review.

Do you have any idea why this is happening .

Regards

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

When i downloaded the tracks from NWDI, I created a project from the track ess/cn/pdata.

So when i right click on it under development component i have option for build, deploy and refresh from DC Settings.

So if I build and then deploy the project will the changes be visible in DEV? meaning is it similar to activating an activity in NWDS.

And also if the application is successfully deployed then if I create a TR and transport  the .ear through CTS will the changes be visible in QA?

Will there be any issue because just transporting the .ear?

Will there be any syncronization issue?

Regards

Abhinav

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

You can deploy your SCA file via SDM to your Quality system.

Also check your newly created SCA file that this newly SCA created file contains your changes. If this contains then you can deploy this to Quality System.

Please also confirm your Netweaver release version please

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra

Thanks for the quick reply.

The Netweaver version is 7.01.

Can you tell me the steps to deploy an application through SDM.

The .SCA file created though NWDI when imported in QA resulted in the changes being partially visible in QA.

So, is there an issue with .sca file or will deploying through SDM solve the problem.

Regards

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra

I am new to Portal so can you tell me how to check if the newly created .sca file contain the changes?

Regards

Abhinav

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Please use 7zip software to view files (as per the path). SDA file is again a compressed file and can be view in the same way as zip files.

Thanks,

Hamendra