cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material availability Date calculation in external procurement scenario (SD to MM) - integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario with regards to material availability date from SD to MM scenerio.

I have a sales order with ordering item require to source from external vendor, hence, when I saved the sales order, scheduling line generated and a PR is generated for this item to source from vendor.

I know the material availability date is derived from the following formula:

First date - Transit time = Goods Issue date

Goods Issue date - Loading time = Loading date

Loading date - Pick/pack processing time = Material Availability date.

Question:

However, does this material availability related to the MM's availability date calculation because it is an external purchasing, that means the available of the material is closely link to MM.

• If it is link to MM, does this means this material available date calculation also link to the following formula?

PO processing time + Planned Delivery Time (ext vendor leadtime) + GR processing time = Material Available Time (i.e. material receipt date/requirement date in MD04)

I am confused about the integration part this on this object as both looks similar to me. Maybe I missed out something.

Please enlighten me, thanks.

Regards,

Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

We have a similar scenario.

When the PR gets raised from the Sales Order save, then it would need to get converted to a PO.

The PO carries forth the required delivery date from the customer's sales order into the line item level. Using this delivery date to fulfil the order, then the MM department would process this order based on the times you mentioned = PO processing time + Planned Del Time + GR processing time.

So yes - the date that this stock is made available in our warehouse from the external vendor, SAP will just add 1 day to that to make it the material availability date for the sales order schedule line notifying the sale team that material will be available on this day.

So lets say all times considered, the GR is completed on 25 Feb .i .e. Stock becomes available from 26-Feb onwards to fulfil the sales order.

The graphic you have included is backwards scheduling is SD. I am not sure how scheduling works in MM. I have told you the scenario I have observed working for my client.

Hope this clarifies - let me know if you require further assistance in this,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddharth or others?

I am actually still confused...my logic thinking is base on the above scenario (I am talking about vendor delivery the goods to your dock, and then, you deliver the goods to your customer) is something like this.

Let say a sales order with first date (customer request date) is  31st March 2015, and the following are my system date setup value for each of the date objects:

<<SD>>

* Transit time = 2 days

* Loading ime = 1 days

* Pick/Pack processing = 1 day

<<MM>>

* PO processing = 1 day

* Vendor Lead time = 5 days

* GR processing = 1 day

I would assume SAP, base on the above value, to first find out the material availablity date by first finding out when the vendor can deliver)

Hence, firstly, a vendor source is found in SAP system logic search, and the receipt date (material availability date) is calculated
Material Available Time  =
GR Processing Time (1D) - Vendor Lead Time (5D) - PO processing Time (1D)

Secondly, one the goods availablity is known from MM, how does SD process date calculation from here?

Customer Request Date = Transit Time (2D) - Loading Time (1D) - Pick/Pack Time (1D)

Another question is if the customer is hardheaded and prefer to stick to their request date, in which case, how is the above MM and SD date calculation take place.

How does the above date fall into one piece from both side on above two scenarios ?

Appreciated.

Tuff

Answers (0)