cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria Trial. Some questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Today I start to use Afaria trial (cloud service), so I haven't enough knowledges about the product.

And I have several questions:

1) I try to create enrollment policies, but cann't do this, because on portal I see only two policies types - application, configuration.

I see default enrollment policies, but cann't create additional

What could be the main cause of it?

2) How to sync users from on-prem ad to cloud Afaria (I've seen that for on-prem Afaria It could be done by LDAP configuration, but cann't find how to do this for cloud service)

3) Is there any official guide about how to work with cloud affaria ?

4) My company is official partner of SAP, so do we have any benefits for using afaria? I mean partner cloud subscribtion to Afaria (not trial) or on-prem Afaria software ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mak Sinelnikov,

1. For Afaria cloud, we have the default enrollment policies because the device enrollment should be through Mobile Place in the portal. If you want to create enrollment policies, we can set the roles in Server -> Roles page and check the "Enrollment policy" to your user name. However, you will not have access to this Roles page. You should contact the support team to get it done by logging a support incident.

2. You can import the AD users to the On-cloud by logging into Mobile Secure Portal : https://portal.sapmobilesecure.com and navigate to Account -> Users -> Import Mobile Place Users -> In the Select user file to import field, browse to and select the CSV file that contains the users. Please refer this document for further information http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/pdf-mobilesecure/Mobile_Secure_Administration_Guide.pdf

3. Please visit http://help.sap.com/mobilesecure?current=mobile and go through this document on Mobile Secure cloud which helps you to understand the cloud functionality.

4. I am not sure about this partner benefits with SAP.

Hope this information helps you to clear your queries.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

SAP Mobile Secure cloud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot for you reply

I have additional newbie questions:

1) From the guide that was provided by you  - "In SAP Mobile Secure, cloud edition, select Account Enterprise Access, then select the Single Sign-On" but unfortunately I cann't see Enterprise acceess tab.

2) Also from this guide - "

If you select Mobile Place User as the role, you must also:1.

Select Use enterprise authentication, to require the user to use Active Directory or LDAP directory credentials" so I believe in cloud sap afaria there is an integration with local AD. How I can configure it? Is it use sso feature for it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mak Sinelnikov,

1. This is to inform you that for the trial accounts, the Enterprise access setup is limited. You can only access the enterprise setup in the Production environment.

2. For Afaria Cloud environment, we have Enterprise access setup to configure Active Directory, Exchange and Certificate Authority. Once you setup the enterprise access, we can make us of the Enterprise Authentication. You will have better understanding on Enterprise access once you setup on the Production instance.

Hope this information helps!!

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha
SAP Mobile Secure Cloud

Answers (0)