Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SAPup.log and SAPConsoleup.log

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please tell me the difference between SAPup.log and SAPConsoleup.log in EHP upgrade.

how these two differ from the SAPup.ECO

I would appreciate your help to have a better understanding about these logs

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

SAPup.ECO file consists of information related to process as well as subprocess execution results in each & every phase of upgrade.For more details you could physically check these log files.

among these three which one would be more important for covering the whole error details right from the beginning..

For this i would suggest you,every log file is vital to resolve the issue during the upgrade phases,but as per me failure of any phase would also suggests you to look for exact log file for the resolutions.But for your references i suggest you to check with SAPup.log as well as failure log file during the phase.

Hope this information will be helpful for you,as i provide this as per best of my knowledge.

I also request other SCN members kindly correct me,if 'm wrong somewhere during the thread.

Good luck !!

Gaurav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

As you would be aware about of SAPup,a standard upgrade tool by SAP.As per me SAPup consists of two codes Upgrade program & second one is Control program ( provides GUI for upgrade process) ,So with ref of this SAPup.log mainly consists of execution steps logs by these two programs.

Whereas SAPupConsole.log provides steps details performed during each phase steps.

Hope this will helpful for you.

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

how these two differ from the SAPup.ECO

among these three which one would be more important for covering the whole error details right from the beginning..

Thanks in advance