cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific users can no longer create tiles in catalogs. Error "Resource PageChipInstance not found" in PAGE_BUILDER_CUST service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

A number of users are having difficulties creating tiles for their new catalogues in Fiori admin and get the following error message below.

However some users like myself do not have this error message and can create tiles for groups without any issue even when we have the same authorisations.

Also if I create a fresh user from scratch in SU01 and copy in the same authorisations - this user does not experience the same problems of adding tiles to catalogues.

/IWFND/ERROR_LOG shows returns the error message "Resource PageChipInstance not found".

I've tried to troubleshoot with the following steps to no avail.

- Checked authorisations were not different.  Authorisations were the same for my user and user experiencing problem.

- Copied the problematic user to another user.  Unable to create tile in catalogue.  Receive same error message.

- Deactivated and reactivated the following SICF services via /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE

- INTEROP

- LAUNCHPAD

- PAGE_BUILDER_CONF

- PAGE_BUILDER_CUST

- PAGE_BUILDER_PERS

- Ran the following ABAP programs in se38.

/UI2/CHIP_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE (no short dumps in ST22).  Checked /UI2/CHIP_CHDR for specific errors.

/UI2/DELETE_CACHE_AFTER_IMP

/UI2/DELETE_CACHE

- Cleared Metadata Cache

/IWFND/CACHE_CLEANUP on Gateway

/IWBEP/CACHE_CLEANUP on Gateway

- Cleared HTTP server cache locally and globally in SMICM.

- Individual users have cleared their browser caches.

I haven't tried deleting and recreating the OData service PAGE_BUILDER_CUST as per this thread but thinking about trying this.

We are on UI Add-On SP11.

Has anyone encountered this user specific issue before?

Regards,

Ben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Our very own awesome basis consultant Tim has solved the problem with some great sleuthing work.  Remember this problem affects specific users and is not a problem with the PAGE_BUILDER_CUST service itself.

This issue was caused by a value stored in the parameter tab in su01.  The parameter was /UI2/WD_TRKORR_CUST which contained a reference to a customising transport which had already been released.

What would happen is if you tried to create a tile in the catalog referencing this transport, it would try to save it to the released transport and fail with the above error message.

The solution is to clear this parameter or assign it to a valid transport and you should be good to go.

I hope this solution helps anyone who comes across it.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ben

thuythai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Ben,

I met an similar error and I cant found ways to add parameter /UI2/WD_TRKORR_CUST to any valid transport. Could you please guide me

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing I didn't make clear in my original post was that for a period of time all our Fiori users didn't have problems creating tiles in catalogs... and then some of them experienced this issue.  So I'm still investigating if a system change has occurred or something is not being cleared causing this issue.

The work around to this issue is for us to create fresh users.  We would then copy in all roles and authorisations and our users would use these logons to complete the creation of tiles in catalogs.

If we copied the users the problem would carry over.

I hope the above helps anyone who's experiencing this.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Please ensure you have installed all mandatory notes for SP11.

Also please check if user has proper roles assigned in PFCG. Sometimes you need to manually add auth objects to your admin role like :

You have created an administrator user who needs extensive authorizations, such as S_SERVICE, S_DEVELOP,/UI2/CHIP, S_RFC_ACL, and S_CTS_SADM.

Role Maintenance (PFCG) to copy the role SAP_UI2_ADMIN_700

Also configure 7 steps to be done in PFCG in Procedure heading.

Assign Administrator Role for SAP Fiori Launchpad to Administrat - SAP Fiori for SAP Business Suite ...

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Tejas.

I am not too sure how this section of security setup of the admin role will help us solve this issue as we already did this as part of basic setup.

The users who were creating tiles experiencing this issue, were able to do this previously until this error message appeared.

To narrow this down I have identified x2 users where the authorisations are exactly the same.  I can create tiles with the same authorisations but my other colleague cannot which leads me to believe this is a user specific issue.

Given this scenario I would conclude that the PAGE_BUILDER_CUST is running correctly and our ADMIN roles are setup correctly as they have all the objects mentioned in the SAP documentation.

Regards,

Ben