cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristics update in PLM WEb UI for Reporting.

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

For reporting purpose I would like to know if I can retrieve all Engineering Record based on when a characteristics gets updated.

Scenario: An ER was created on 17th Feb and the characteristic for the ER class was updated on 23rd.I wanted to generate a report to fetch ER's based on when the characteristics was updated.

Is there a config where time stamp are maintained for Class/Characteristics based on the object.

Does the below screen shot help

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Jo pz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

what do you mean about this?

"the characteristic for the ER class was updated"

The value of the characteristic of the assigned class to the ER changed?

Or a new characteristic has been added to the class which is assigned to the ER?

If you are using change numbers to change the objects then it is feasible I think quite easily.

Best regards

Tamas

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Yes its the "Value of Characteristic of the assigned class to the ER object". We are using change numbers for BOM & DIR. But not for Class/Characteristics.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Jo Pz.

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

as I said the easiest standard way would be to use change numbers (with valid from date). They are stored in the CABN, CAWN etc. tables. So a report can be written on top of them easily.

Other way could be to extend the standard tables with timestamp and also the handling transactions but I think it is not a good idea.

Maybe you can check the other way around when you save an ER, during save you can check whether a characteristic value has been changed, if yes you can write an entry to a custom table with ER ID, char name, value, date, timestamp etc. For this you can use the methods in the ER BO class.

Best regards

Tamas

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Tamas,