cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Conflict

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm running BW and XI on the same server and I am experiencing a problem when sending Idocs to BW. When I send an Idoc from an R/3 system to BW, XI intercepts the Idoc and tries to process it. Is there any way to by-pass XI, so the Idoc goes directly to BW.

Points will be awarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you make the IDOC configuration in R/3 (SM59, WE20, WE21), make sure to refer to BW's instance number, not XI's. Also, maintain BW user there.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will it cause a problem if both XI and BW are setup on the same client?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They can have same client as long as they are in different instances (different system numbers).

U can't have XI and BW in the same instance, tho.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the current setup, we have XI and BW running on the same server, same instance and same client. BW was able to receive the Idocs just fine, until XI was installed. Now XI is intercepting the Idocs. The RFC destination, port, and partner profile did not change. How can I bypass XI?

Message was edited by:

Mat Zitnik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will do so, coz IDOC's r posted to the same port in this case, both will access the same port. Deactivate the object in XI that is accessing the port. then once IDOC is posted to the port BW will access the port and IDoc will be processed smoothly.

Thank's

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to find out which XI object is accessing the port so that it can be deactivated?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if this will help but maybe you can use Idoc Tunneling in XI and turn of their conversion to XML.

This blog by michal discusses this,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/21/xi-idoc-to-idoc-tunneling--how-fast-and-easy-can-you-get

Regards

Bhavesh

PS : I have not worked much on this concept and if you find this answer irrelevant kindly ignore.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

how are u sending IDOC's from R/3 to BW?

as pointed out earlier,check RFC destination,port and partner profile and make sure that they are correct for BW.

thanx

ahmad