Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin to BIN transfer storage unit

muhammed_sakkir
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am moving the stock from open bin to actual bins but system is creating a new storage unit number.  But when I transfer from normal bin to normal bin system keep the same SU number. My requirement is to keep the same SU number when moving from open bin to normal bin.  Could you please advise how can I do this.

Regards

Sakkir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Muhammed

The problem here is the qty, you can see in your screen shot of LT01 that the qty is highlighted in red. The systme is probably finding other quants with the same qty.

Try using LT09 where you use the SU to create your TO

muhammed_sakkir
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Quinten,

Thanks for your help. Issue resolved.

Regards

Sakkir

0 Kudos

Glad I could hlep

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

muhammed_sakkir
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Please see below screen shots.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with the above screenshot i can see that system is retaining the same storage unit number i believe you are also expecting the same. what is the error you are getting in this case ??

muhammed_sakkir
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

The earlier screen shot is for normal bin to normal bin transfer.  In the below screen shot from open bin to normal bin the system assigned a new storage unit number.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the total quantity in the Quant 1000000366, Plase use T-code LS23 enter the quant number and share the screenshot

muhammed_sakkir
Explorer
0 Kudos
muhammed_sakkir
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the help. The issue is resolved.

Regards

Sakkir

muhammed_sakkir
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I am transferring the full quantity. when I try to give the same source storage unit for the destination bin manually, I get the error message "Storage unit is not consistent with other transfer order data".

Regards

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes that is standard SAP. system should automatically generate that number you are not supposed to enter the Storage unit manually. could you please share the screen shot of TO creation , as well as the screenshot of  source storage type

muhammed_sakkir
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Yes the storage type C open storage.

Regards

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you transfer partial quantity from a source storage unit to another bin it creates a new Storage unit number and when you transfer full quantity of a source storage unit to another bin then system retain the same storage unit number.

In your case it seems when you are transferring the stock from open to actual bin then the quantity is partial hence system is creating a new storage unit number and when you are doing actual bin to bin then you are transferring the full quantity hence system is retaining the same storage unit number

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do you mean by "open bin" and "actual bin"?

Are you referring to a storage type with putaway strategy C open storage?

Or do you you mean the interim storage types?