cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro to change Data View into display mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one suggest me a macro code to change a data view in Planning Book into display mode?

Appreciate your help.

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you don't need macro, there is user parameter (and note to install) that will make the planning book default in display mode or change mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the suggestions. Appreciate it. Now I don't have the requirement of making data view in display mode.

Regards,

Venkaat

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat

is it possible to elaborate your requirement in more detail.

I think you want to assure that nobody is any edit mode before you execute the Macro.

Because if you execute the macro and planning book is edit mode then all your jobs are failed.

I think it would be easy to give pop up to all the users using macro pop_up function. You can also create user exit macro to fullfill your requirement.

Thanks

Amol

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

I think of  following options -

1. I know using some authorization object you can eliminate(hide) pencil icon(Change Mode) from planning book.  Please take help from your security personnel to find out the authorization object.

2. In design view of planning book,  you can make KF as Output only.

3. Or you can use ROW_INPUT(KF Name) function to make keyfigures non-editable.

Hope this will help

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally we use ROW_INPUT() to configure whether a row is editable.
Seems there's no functional to control the whole view.

BR, Ada

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I am not sure if you can switch from change to display mode.

You can use Macro: DATA_IS_LOCKED to identify if the data is in change or display mode:

DATA_IS_LOCKED returns the value 1, if the data is locked for the current user, meaning they can edit the data. It returns the value 0, if the data is locked by another user, meaning the current user cannot edit the data.

Ref: General and Planning Table Functions - Planning Area Administration - SAP Library

Now if your intention is to change from change to display mode, I don´t think there is a macro for it. Maybe you can make a program to lock the data..

Please refer this thread:

Kind Regards,

Mariano