cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have added a custom field on the cost center screens as a dropdown list field. When I view the field f4 help values, the field descriptions are poping up. I would like to see the Field values when I click on drop down rather than descriptions. could you please let me know if there is a way that i missed.

Thanks

Sapna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sapna

The F4 is for which field?

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I have added a custom field on the screen which data element is WERKS_D. I am displaying this field as a Dropdown values. when I click on drop down, it is showing the descriptions and not values.

Please let me know how can I display values for the field.

Thanks,

Sapna

RiccardoBrogi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

in my knowledge there is now way to display only the key values on a drop-down list.

However, if you flag the option "Display the key" your drop-down list is populated with values containing both description and key.

Best,

Riccardo

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It will be dependent on the search help specified in the data model. Please see below for standard example. GEWEI_MAT uses search help GEWEI_F4_MASS as specified in the attributes of the data model:

You can then look in SE11 under the relevant search help to see the output settings:

As you can see on this example. MSEHI (the unit) and MSEHL (the description) are both output on the list in that order. DIMID (type of UoM) is used as a filter value but is not output on the search help, as seen by the '0' on list and select positions.

If the search help you are using is not providing the required output...create your own, or enhance it. And then specify it's use in the data model.

I created a document outlining the process for you:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any help Please.

Thanks,

Sapna